The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Ready for the Break? (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/30405-ready-break.html)

refnrev Fri Dec 22, 2006 06:39pm

Ready for the Break?

Are you going to get much of a break over the holidays? I don't have any holiday tournament games so I'm looking forward to a few days rest over the break.

JRutledge Fri Dec 22, 2006 06:44pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by refnrev
Are you going to get much of a break over the holidays? I don't have any holiday tournament games so I'm looking forward to a few days rest over the break.

I will not get much of a break. I work two days after Christmas and for 4 straight days. I will be working all at the same tournament for those 4 days so I will not have a lot of travel (and I do not have to pay for my hotel either). I will also be taking a little trip to Pasadena after my last game, so I will at least get away from this cold place for a few days. The problem is it was colder in that part of the country at one time earlier this week for some reason. I guess we will have to see. ;)

Peace

TimTaylor Sat Dec 23, 2006 01:33am

Wednesday night was my 21st games in 25 days. I get a whole week off, then starting next Thurs. I have tournament games 3 straight days.......

Raymond Sat Dec 23, 2006 05:32pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge
...I will also be taking a little trip to Pasadena after my last game, so I will at least get away from this cold place for a few days.

Why, to see USC kick some Big-10 a$$? :D

JRutledge Sat Dec 23, 2006 05:47pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef

I will put it this way. Notre Dame played both Michigan and USC. When ND played Michigan, they were never in the game. USC finally decided to put away a sorry ND team in the 4th quarter and they were at home. Reggie Bush and Matt Leinart are no longer at USC. UCLA took ND to the wire and who did USC lose too the last week of the season?

Peace

Mark Padgett Sat Dec 23, 2006 07:02pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef

I have just two words for you USC football fans - OREGON STATE. :cool:

ChrisSportsFan Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:57am

I have not worked since Wednesday and starting this upcoming Wed., I have 7 games in 5 gyms in 3 days.

IREFU2 Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:16am

Quote:

Originally Posted by refnrev

I had my break and my xmas tourney games start tomorrow thru Friday. I am ready to run!!!!

OHBBREF Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:39am

I was scheduled to have a week off but one of the HS assignors called my wife this AM with a SOB story about someone backing out on their assignments - so I now have an afternoon evening tournament double header today and three more games over the rest of the week.

don't you just love it.

Oh well no point in getting too relaxed for the end of the year stretch is there.
I have 13 dates in 15 days to start the new year 3 days off and then basically the same stretch to finish the month.

tjones1 Tue Dec 26, 2006 01:57pm

I've had a little break. I last worked on Friday and today there aren't hardly any games so I get tonight off. However, I go: Wednesday (1 game), Thursday (2 games), Friday (3 games), and Saturday (1 game). Should be a lot of fun, I'm certainly looking forward to it!

Raymond Tue Jan 02, 2007 01:54am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge
I will put it this way. Notre Dame played both Michigan and USC. When ND played Michigan, they were never in the game. USC finally decided to put away a sorry ND team in the 4th quarter and they were at home. Reggie Bush and Matt Leinart are no longer at USC. UCLA took ND to the wire and who did USC lose too the last week of the season?

Peace

I'll put it this way, USC 32 - Big Blue 18.

Being an Eagle fan, USC fan, and Penn St. fan, it's been a very good New Year's weekend. :) :cool: :p :)