The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Sep 21, 2001, 12:34pm
Official Forum Member

With regard to the new NCAA rule that there be "An "X" or an NCAA logo shall be placed on the floor in front of the official scorer for ease of identification. As was previously recommended, such an X shall be composed of 2-inch wide lines and be 12 inches high."

My questions is that what colour can the lines of the "X" be, must they be the same colour as the coaches lines, or can they be the same colour as the center/sidlines.

(a school is repainting their floors....and asked me if there were changes this year!)

Thanks...
Old Fri Sep 21, 2001, 03:57pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by hoopsrefBC
With regard to the new NCAA rule that there be "An "X" or an NCAA logo shall be placed on the floor in front of the official scorer for ease of identification. As was previously recommended, such an X shall be composed of 2-inch wide lines and be 12 inches high."

My questions is that what colour can the lines of the "X" be, must they be the same colour as the coaches lines, or can they be the same colour as the center/sidlines.

(a school is repainting their floors....and asked me if there were changes this year!)

Thanks...
What does "colour" mean? Is that some metric spelling?
Old Sun Sep 23, 2001, 05:57pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:

Thanks...
The rules book doesn't mention anything about the colo(u)r. I'd suggest it not be the same as the background color.

You can also use the NCAA logo instead of an "X." Suggest that to your Canadian friends.
Old Sun Sep 23, 2001, 06:27pm
In Memoriam

if the X is not there

Quote:
Originally posted by bob jenkins
Quote:

Thanks...
The rules book doesn't mention anything about the colo(u)r. I'd suggest it not be the same as the background color.

You can also use the NCAA logo instead of an "X." Suggest that to your Canadian friends.
I may assume it is the same color as the background.
mick
Old Sun Sep 23, 2001, 09:59pm
Official Forum Member

Now that the X is supposed to be required on the floor for high school, what is the consequence if there is none?
Old Sun Sep 23, 2001, 10:11pm
Official Forum Member

Game management will simply have to put one down using tape.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith