The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   help with a few nfhs test question (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/29296-help-few-nfhs-test-question.html)

roadking Sun Nov 05, 2006 09:15pm

help with a few nfhs test question

Im sure Im reading more into these question than I should, but Im having a hard time pinpointing the rules interpatation to a few test question. would you guys help site the rules (help with interpatation) for a few test questions. 4,36,43,66 and 72.
THANKS

Jurassic Referee Sun Nov 05, 2006 09:39pm

You might get better feedback if you simply post each individual question.

And before anybody asks, discussing 4/5 questions is a heckuva lot different than asking to be supplied with an exam and all it's answers. You learn one way. You don't learn the other. Jmo.

roadking Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:01pm

thanks, I'm not a great typer so I'll ask a couple at a time.

#36 restrictions simultaneously ends for the free thrower and players who are not in marked lane spaces.

maybe I'm having a brain freeze but I dont feel I have enough info. to answer the question.

#43 the officials jurisdiction ends when all officials leave the visual confines of the playing area, even if the referee has not approved the final score

i would say true but does the official have to approve the score before leaving the gym?

Dan_ref Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:21pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadking
thanks, I'm not a great typer so I'll ask a couple at a time.

#36 restrictions simultaneously ends for the free thrower and players who are not in marked lane spaces.

maybe I'm having a brain freeze but I dont feel I have enough info. to answer the question.

When do the restrictions on the shooter end? When do the restrictions on the players not in lane spaces end? Pretty simple actually.
Quote:

#43 the officials jurisdiction ends when all officials leave the visual confines of the playing area, even if the referee has not approved the final score

i would say true but does the official have to approve the score before leaving the gym?
Not asking that. Asking when their jurisdiction ends.

roadking Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:31pm

#36 true, when ball hits rim or backboard are obvisouly not going in.

#43 true,the officials jurisdiction ends when all officials leave the visual confines of the playing area

but why do they add even if the referee has not approved the final score, it is the duty of the referee to confim there is no problem with scoring prior to leaving the gym

Dan_ref Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:37pm

[QUOTE=roadking
but why do they add even if the referee has not approved the final score, it is the duty of the referee to confim there is no problem with scoring prior to leaving the gym[/QUOTE]

To make you think about it, I would say.

Ed Maeder Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:00pm

4. 6-4-3g
36. 9-1-10
43. 2-2-4
66. 3-3-2
72. 4-12-6