The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Nov 04, 2006, 10:50am
Official Forum Member

Girls rolling their shorts. Boys shorts 1/2 way down their butts.

I mentioned this under the fashion police thread. In all three sports Soccer, VB, and BB every game I have this year I've had to make the girls unroll their shorts and often the sleeves on their jerseys. When they want to know why I remind them that uniforms must be worn as manufactured to be worn.Are you seeing this where you are, too? And also I've had the boys with their shorts half way down their butts and shirts hanging out? Seeing that?
Old Sat Nov 04, 2006, 12:05pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by refnrev
And also I've had the boys with their shorts half way down their butts and shirts hanging out? Seeing that?
I see this in ADULT men's rec leagues.
Old Sat Nov 04, 2006, 03:20pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Quote:
I mentioned this under the fashion police thread. In all three sports Soccer, VB, and BB every game I have this year I've had to make the girls unroll their shorts and often the sleeves on their jerseys. When they want to know why I remind them that uniforms must be worn as manufactured to be worn.Are you seeing this where you are, too? And also I've had the boys with their shorts half way down their butts and shirts hanging out? Seeing that?
You should be seeing this in bench personnel only.
Old Sat Nov 04, 2006, 08:47pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:
And also I've had the boys with their shorts half way down their butts and shirts hanging out? Seeing that?
Only with some coaches.
Old Sun Nov 05, 2006, 01:28am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
While you are correct, I must be getting soft in my old age. I won't allow the shirts to be untucked or the shorts to be sagging, but I do permit the girls to roll the waistband on their shorts and the sleeves on their shirts.

How do I know that the manufacturer didn't intend people to wear them in that manner?
Old Sun Nov 05, 2006, 02:54pm
Official Forum Member

OK Nevada, if you think the manufacturer meant for the shorts to be rolled you're getting more than soft.... your getting goofy! If they wanted them rolled don't you think they would make them rolled. Volleyball has more of an emphasis on this than basketball.

The USSF soccer leagues I worked in Indiana had very specific rules about this -- in fact they would not even allow "sleevies" on the shirts. The sleeves had to be down. Their rationale to the parents were two fold: (1.) The rules say the uniform must be worn as manufactured so that's what we do. (2.) You have 14 - 16 year old girls on the tream and often have 15-18 year old referees. They wouldn't allow anything that could be miscontrued by others for the protection of both the girls and the young male referees.
Old Tue Nov 07, 2006, 09:23am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref
While you are correct, I must be getting soft in my old age. I won't allow the shirts to be untucked or the shorts to be sagging, but I do permit the girls to roll the waistband on their shorts and the sleeves on their shirts.
What if the manufacturer's logo shows on the "care instructions" tag that's usually on the inside of the waistband of the shorts?
Old Tue Nov 07, 2006, 09:27am
Official Forum Member

I can't read that tag when the player is running!
Old Tue Nov 07, 2006, 09:58am
Official Forum Member

Actually, the ones that I have seen were manufactured that way. The only reason I know is that I called one of my sons former girlfriends over whom I knew I was safe asking to let me see how her shorts were made. The tag was clrealy made to be on the outside. I can only guess it would be for comforts reason like Hanes doing away with the tags in their T-Shirts. But they are legal that way.
Old Tue Nov 07, 2006, 11:03am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Just for a minute, This thread, titled "Girls rolling their shorts, boys shorts 1/2 way down their butts" was right above the tread titled "Coverage Area". Looked like it might get interesting!!
Old Tue Nov 07, 2006, 12:51pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Mountaineer Send a message via Yahoo to Mountaineer
Having coached girls and knowing the difficulty of getting uniforms to fit properly, I allow girls to roll their waistbands to get them high enough to fit. I don't allow them to roll sleeves or allow anyone to play with their shirts untucked. It's amazing, if I make one player sit down for having their shirt untucked I have ZERO incidents of that the remainder of the game.

The best part about beating your head against the wall is it feels so good when you stop.
Old Tue Nov 07, 2006, 01:34pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineer
Having coached girls and knowing the difficulty of getting uniforms to fit properly, I allow girls to roll their waistbands to get them high enough to fit. I don't allow them to roll sleeves or allow anyone to play with their shirts untucked. It's amazing, if I make one player sit down for having their shirt untucked I have ZERO incidents of that the remainder of the game.
Don't tell that to DeeCee. That's being soft.
Old Tue Nov 07, 2006, 02:03pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to PGCougar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmaker
Just for a minute, This thread, titled "Girls rolling their shorts, boys shorts 1/2 way down their butts" was right above the tread titled "Coverage Area". Looked like it might get interesting!!
That would have been delicate topic!
Old Tue Nov 07, 2006, 07:38pm
Official Forum Member

i say T em up -- cant put up with that type of behavior.
Old Tue Nov 07, 2006, 11:41pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deecee
i say T em up -- cant put up with that type of behavior.
why would you issue a T?