The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Jess Kersey (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/29257-jess-kersey.html)

CLH Fri Nov 03, 2006 01:59am

Jess Kersey

Anyone see Jess Kersey get taken out in the Mavs game tonight? Took a ball to the face, cut his chin, jacked up a tooth, he didn't return. Rush and Wunderlich finished the game two man, with two T's both called by Rush. Anyone have any good war stories like that. I'm only bout 5' 10'', i took a foot to the jewels, tossing the ball in 3 man crew, my partners passed me up 4 times, i just worked the trail a couple minutes, :eek:

CLH

ChuckElias Fri Nov 03, 2006 07:25am

I didn't see it, but heard about it at halftime. I took a shoulder pad to the chin once while reffing lacrosse. I saw stars for about a minute.

BktBallRef Fri Nov 03, 2006 07:51am

I've gone down twice in football this year. Once on a punt, a player got blocked and fell into the bak of my legs. I rolled and came back up. 2 weeks ago, the play came right at me. I had the runner pushed away. But I was backing up and some knucklehead stepped on my foot. Nothing to do but go down.

2 years agoin a basketball game, a player went down in front of one of my partners and nailed him in the jewels with his foot.He went down.

I later found one of his testicles on the floor. :)

At least, I think it was his! :D

zebraman Fri Nov 03, 2006 09:33am

A few years ago, I got absolutely nailed by a huge player in a boys HS game.

I was trail and there was a quick turnover and the ball was batted over my head. Before I could move, this big guy ran right through me.

I definitely had LGP and took the charge. :eek:

Tim C Fri Nov 03, 2006 09:48am

Ahem,

Sorry to drop in:

No injury . . . but:

I was working a college woman's playoff basketball game a few years ago.

Some how, when I was lead on a fast break, two players collided and both ran right over me causing a huge pile up.

I was flat on my back, looking straight up at a 6'2" Scandinavian Blonde who was straddled directly over my face a knee on each side of my head . . . before I could react she said: "under different circumstances I could enjoy this!"

By then most everyone in the gym was laughing pretty hard.

Regards,

All_Heart Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim C

I was flat on my back, looking straight up at a 6'2" Scandinavian Blonde who was straddled directly over my face a knee on each side of my head . . . before I could react she said: "under different circumstances I could enjoy this!"

And some people say that officiating has no rewards ;)

BillyMac Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:32pm

Bleachers

I worked a game once in a gymnasium where the folding bleachers opened away from the walls in sections. All four of the sections were open on the table side of the court and for some reason, maybe a bleacher malfunction, only one of the four sections was opened on the other side of the court. Early in the game, before I really got used to the court, I was the trail on the side of the court opposite the table as a steal was made by the defense, which started a fast break on my side of the court. In becoming the new lead, I started running up the court watching the play over my left shoulder. As the play came closer to me, I moved out of bounds to open up the play to get a better look, and because I was watching the play, not the court, I ran full speed into the open bleachers. I was lucky, no broken bones and no permanent scar, but I can still remember the intense pain.

IREFU2 Mon Nov 06, 2006 08:34am

His son is good friend of mine and it was a terrible accident and from what I hear he had to get stitches. I have been hit by the ball many times, but managed not to get any battle scars.