The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   IAABO Refresher Exam 2006 NO ANSWERS, available via email (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/28947-iaabo-refresher-exam-2006-no-answers-available-via-email.html)

RefLarry Wed Oct 18, 2006 03:34pm

IAABO Refresher Exam 2006 NO ANSWERS, available via email

I will send you the 2006 IAABO Refresher Exam if you wish. I do not have the answers. If you're interested, Private message me (PM me your email address) or post your email address on this thread and I'll send the test to you.

RUBIERA Sat Oct 21, 2006 07:53pm

examn

Hi

I would like to receive a copy of the examn from IAABO

Thank you

[email protected]

Mark Padgett Sat Oct 21, 2006 09:23pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by RUBIERA
Hi

I would like to receive a copy of the examn from IAABO

Thank you

[email protected]

Why anyone would want an exam to see if they qualify for the "I Am A Blind Official" program is beyond me. :eek:

ref509 Sat Oct 21, 2006 09:27pm

IAABO refresher and NFHS, Part 1

I would appreciate a copy of the page references for both exams if anyone can help? ([email protected])...I don't mind looking up the answers/ I have already completed both tests.

ChuckElias Sat Oct 21, 2006 09:35pm

Why don't the mods treat these stupid offers and requests as spam and just get rid of them?

Jurassic Referee Sat Oct 21, 2006 09:48pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChuckElias
Why don't the mods treat these stupid offers and requests as spam and just get rid of them?

Chuck, just for my own info, when is the Refresher or regular test actually gonna be written? We got some guys in my association that belong to IAABO, and I'm sure that they haven't written anything yet.

ChuckElias Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:00pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
Chuck, just for my own info, when is the Refresher or regular test actually gonna be written? We got some guys in my association that belong to IAABO, and I'm sure that they haven't written anything yet.

I'll get back to you tomorrow. I want to double check to make sure I give you the right info. But we haven't taken any tests here either.

Jurassic Referee Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:08pm

Quote:

I'll get back to you tomorrow. I want to double check to make sure I give you the right info. But we haven't taken any tests here either.

Thanks and appreciated. I'm sure that my guys would never do what the...um....persons above are doing, but I'd just like to know for my own benefit.

ChuckElias Sun Oct 22, 2006 03:40pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
Chuck, just for my own info, when is the Refresher or regular test actually gonna be written?

On my board, we give the "Official IAABO Rules Test -- Written Examination" (a 50 question test) to our new applicants on the first Monday of November. We used to give this same test to our members, but had to stop this practice b/c other IAABO boards in MA weren't giving it to their new applicants until the last Monday in November. So there was some concern that copies of the test could find their way to applicants in other areas. (Kind of a silly concern, if you ask me, but they didn't ask.)

So now we give our members the IAABO Refresher Exam. They get the exam on the Wednesday after the first Monday in November at our annual rules interpretation meeting. The exam must be completed and returned by December 1st or so. I'm not exactly sure of the due date this year. If you don't pass the test (85% or better) or fail to turn it in, you pay a fine and must re-take the test within two weeks. If you don't pass it the second time or fail to turn it in, you're suspended for 1 year. Pretty severe penalty, but it doesn't happen very often.

Jurassic Referee Sun Oct 22, 2006 04:12pm

Quote:

So now we give our members the IAABO Refresher Exam. They get the exam on the Wednesday after the first Monday in November at our annual rules interpretation meeting. The exam must be completed and returned by December 1st or so. I'm not exactly sure of the due date this year. If you don't pass the test (85% or better) or fail to turn it in, you pay a fine and must re-take the test within two weeks. If you don't pass it the second time or fail to turn it in, you're suspended for 1 year. Pretty severe penalty, but it doesn't happen very often.

Thanks for the info, Chuck. Appreciated.

26 Year Gap Sun Oct 22, 2006 07:20pm

We will get our IAABO refresher exam next Sunday and then we have 6 nights scheduled throughout the state to turn them in and go over them. This year the closest one to us is the first on the schedule. The classes for new officials start on the 30th and culminate with the written exam on the last Monday of November.

So, to answer the OP....I'll be getting mine in 7 days anyway along with the new rule book. And that's fine by me.

iref4him Thu Nov 09, 2006 04:35pm

thanx

send me a copy [email protected]

ref18 Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:21pm

Tests and answers for this years refresher are available at

http://www.hamiltonboard.org

Jimgolf Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:34am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett
Why anyone would want an exam to see if they qualify for the "I Am A Blind Official" program is beyond me. :eek:

In some areas, if no IAABO patch, then no work.

Jurassic Referee Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:47am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimgolf
In some areas, if no IAABO patch, then no work.

And some areas can't work if they don't pass the refresher exam. As per Chuck's post above, the members of his IAABO Board are fined and have to re-write the exam if they fail. If you don't pass it the second time, you're suspended for a year.

And some areas haven't written the IAABO refresher exam yet. As Chuck noted, the due-in date for the refresher exam for his IAABO board was approximately December 1.

Of course none of this will ever stop the exam/answer-traders anyway. They gotta do what they gotta do.