The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   any ballers mind helping me out on this? (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/28917-any-ballers-mind-helping-me-out.html)

lucretiamottcuh Mon Oct 16, 2006 07:36pm

any ballers mind helping me out on this?

ok, so my conditioning starts this week for the whole week. this is my schedule:
monday-open gym (practice)
tuesday-conditioning (we're doing cross country, running about 1.5-2 miles) wednesday-open gym
thursday&friday-conditioning

then i have saturday and sunday off and monday starts tryouts
during the next two weeks, what should i be doing to keep my body clean, fit, hydrated, nourished, etc.? i'm really wanting to do good this season and i'd appreciate absolutely any advice as to how i can keep my body in shape.

currently using:
muscle milk
nutri-gold 100 multivitamin
emergen-c

Jurassic Referee Mon Oct 16, 2006 07:46pm

Give up what you're doing.

Drink beer and watch Jerry Springer.

Works for us.

rainmaker Mon Oct 16, 2006 08:00pm

Is your real name Lucretia Mott? Is that a family name? Are you related to the Quaker hero of the same name?

You are way over-thinking this whole thing, imo. The way to stay healthy is to eat a variety of good foods in moderation, exercise to the point of heavy breathing for about an hour a day, and get 8 hours of sleep per night.

Oh, and don't listen to Jurassic Referee. He's just some old coot, who blows up at anyone on the basketball floor who doesn't kowtow appropriately!

JRutledge Mon Oct 16, 2006 08:47pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainmaker
Oh, and don't listen to Jurassic Referee. He's just some old coot, who blows up at anyone on the basketball floor who doesn't kowtow appropriately!

LOL!!!!

That was rather funny.

Peace

lucretiamottcuh Mon Oct 16, 2006 09:05pm

first person, haha, nice one
second person:
i wasn't thinking about like, not eating
i just wanted to know what the best foods to eat are and what stuff i should be doing to keep my body in tip top shape

26 Year Gap Mon Oct 16, 2006 09:25pm

The old coot

http://www.kolkatabirds.com/commoncoot8nd.jpg

rainmaker Mon Oct 16, 2006 09:47pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucretiamottcuh
first person, haha, nice one
second person:
i wasn't thinking about like, not eating
i just wanted to know what the best foods to eat are and what stuff i should be doing to keep my body in tip top shape

You do realize, don't you, that this is a site for referees, not for players or coaches? While we do need to keep in shape too, our needs and yours might be different. The only advice I have is to eat from the various food groups, and exercise according to the kind of game you like to play. For more details, you'll probably need to consult a physical trainer, or a sports physician.

I'm also still curious if you're related to the historical Lucretia Mott?

Dan_ref Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:48pm

Quote:

ok, so my conditioning starts this week for the whole week. this is my schedule:
tuesday-conditioning (we're doing cross country, running about 1.5-2 miles) wednesday-open gym

during the next two weeks, what should i be doing to keep my body clean, fit, hydrated, nourished, etc.? i'm really wanting to do good this season and i'd appreciate absolutely any advice as to how i can keep my body in shape.

currently using:
muscle milk
emergen-c

I know I'll regret this but running 6 miles a week is hardly "conditioning".

When you're at 6 miles every other day get back to us & we'll discuss.

jallen Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:56pm

may help

ever thought of using Glutamine? 5mg a day especially after exercise

zebraman Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:13pm

Quote:

currently using:
muscle milk
emergen-c

If the team your trying out for has an talent at all and you just started your conditioning this week, you are in for a rude awakening.

JugglingReferee Tue Oct 17, 2006 04:06am

Mr. Annoying Grammar Guy says...

Quote:

Originally Posted by zebraman
If the team your trying out for has any talent at all and you just started your conditioning this week, you are in for a rude awakening.

Should be "you're", a contraction for "you are". I knew you knew that. ;)

Jurassic Referee Tue Oct 17, 2006 06:39am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JugglingReferee
Should be "you're", a contraction for "you are". I knew you knew that. ;)

I new that.
http://www.forumspile.com/Spelling-Blackboard.jpg