The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   ID number for referees (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/27803-id-number-referees.html)

REFVA Tue Aug 15, 2006 08:31am

ID number for referees

I belong to VHSl, I just recieved an ID number Like a SS# so that is what I use for the rest of my time with any sports in Virginia High School . this is the first year Virginia is doing this. Do any other states presently use this process. I think this is a good Idea, especially with all the forms we fill out that require SS#.

Please some thoughts.

dblref Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:42am

Quote:

Originally Posted by REFVA
I belong to VHSl, I just recieved an ID number Like a SS# so that is what I use for the rest of my time with any sports in Virginia High School . this is the first year Virginia is doing this. Do any other states presently use this process. I think this is a good Idea, especially with all the forms we fill out that require SS#.

Please some thoughts.

Yep, just got mine yesterday. Before I opened it, I thought it was the rules clinic schedule (which I haven't seen yet).

REFVA Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:51am

Are you VHSL? What Association? If you don't want to dilvulge, let me know what area of Va.

JRutledge Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:06pm

In Illinois we have a 5 digit ID number that is used. I do not know what you mean by "used like SS #." We use our number to give out to varsity coaches when we work games. And only Certified officials can use an official's number to rate fellow officials. We also used the number when we fill out forms when we attend camps and rules meetings. The number is just another form of identification and if you have an IHSA license, your number will never change.

Peace

REFVA Tue Aug 15, 2006 02:01pm

Quote:

I do not know what you mean by "used like SS #."
We typically use our Social security number for everything we do. Test, information to the state, schools and other various forms. Now moving forward we are to use this ID number instead. I think it may be way to protect us from Idendity fraud as well as other reason.

BktBallRef Tue Aug 15, 2006 02:25pm

Quote:

We typically use our Social security number for everything we do. Test, information to the state, schools and other various forms. Now moving forward we are to use this ID number instead. I think it may be way to protect us from Idendity fraud as well as other reason.

We are moving to this next year. We'll be using it to register and to take NFHS online exams.

ranjo Tue Aug 15, 2006 03:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by dblref
Yep, just got mine yesterday. Before I opened it, I thought it was the rules clinic schedule (which I haven't seen yet).

Virginia High School League rules clinics schedules were evidently posted today. I had been checking the VHSL site on a regular basis, as they are usually posted earlier in the year.

mick Tue Aug 15, 2006 05:06pm

Michigan has ID numbers, based on registration date, I think.
My number is 6 digits.
I have worked with a 4-digit man as well as a 7-digit man.
mick

Dan_ref Tue Aug 15, 2006 05:14pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick
My number is 6 digits.
mick

Geeze, you guys got it rough UP there...

http://www.photomosaic.com/rt/examples/hands.jpg

Jurassic Referee Tue Aug 15, 2006 05:44pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick
My number is 6 digits.
mick

My digit is bigger than your digit.

JugglingReferee Tue Aug 15, 2006 06:04pm

Quote:

Please some thoughts.

I've not heard of such a thing in basketball.

However, my football officiating number is 69. :eek:

JugglingReferee Tue Aug 15, 2006 06:07pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee

It's left wide open for someone to post a picture of a little blue pill. :cool:

mick Tue Aug 15, 2006 07:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee

You have digit-tall-is ?

mick Tue Aug 15, 2006 07:42pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JugglingReferee
I've not heard of such a thing in basketball.

However, my football officiating number is 69. :eek:

Don't believe those fans.
They're just mean sometimes.

mick Tue Aug 15, 2006 07:43pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan_ref
Geeze, you guys got it rough UP there...

http://www.photomosaic.com/rt/examples/hands.jpg

...Power saws.