The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   I cleared out the gym (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/27714-i-cleared-out-gym.html)

REFVA Tue Aug 08, 2006 07:58am

I cleared out the gym

This is typical for this summer, I had a gym clearing situation. Close game, Team A up by 6 points with a minute left. Team B fouls to stop the clock. As Team A goes to the one and one. I hear smacks behind me. Two female parents came off the stands and started to go at it. Benches clear, stands clear and we had a Kaos in the gym. We immediately cleared the gym game over. As the gym was cleared, the fight continues into the lobby area. I have never seen the amount of fights and confrontation as much as this year. I believe that moving forward all contest should be with players, coaches scorers and officials. Funny thing it was a great game.

mick Tue Aug 08, 2006 08:08am

Quote:

Originally Posted by REFVA
This is typical for this summer, I had a gym clearing situation. Close game, Team A up by 6 points with a minute left. Team B fouls to stop the clock. As Team A goes to the one and one. I hear smacks behind me. Two female parents came off the stands and started to go at it. Benches clear, stands clear and we had a Kaos in the gym. We immediately cleared the gym game over. As the gym was cleared, the fight continues into the lobby area. I have never seen the amount of fights and confrontation as much as this year. I believe that moving forward all contest should be with players, coaches scorers and officials. Funny thing it was a great game.

Kaos - In the 1960s television show Get Smart, KAOS was the International Organization of Evil. It was formed in 1902 in Bolcavest. Its purpose was to implement unrest and revolution throughout the world. KAOS' most infamous and ruthless agent was Siegfried.

M&M Guy Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:37am

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick
Kaos - In the 1960s television show Get Smart, KAOS was the International Organization of Evil. It was formed in 1902 in Bolcavest. Its purpose was to implement unrest and revolution throughout the world. KAOS' most infamous and ruthless agent was Siegfried.

Would you believe they're still around? I guess that might be an explanation as to some of the parents' actions. I though 86 and 99 had taken care of things.

Did any call the authorities with their shoe?

Dan_ref Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick

Isn't Wikipedia great??!

ChuckElias Tue Aug 08, 2006 02:12pm

"[S]ome people do view grammar nazism as a virtue rather than a flaw."

And anyway, I don't consider myself the grammar nazi. I'm just your friendly neighborhood Mr. Grammar/Spelling Guy. :)

REFVA Tue Aug 08, 2006 02:20pm

OK guys, I mis-spelled the word KAOS for the humor in it. I know how to spell Chaos..I also use spell check... Thank you very much!

Quote:

I don't consider myself the grammar nazi.
With Mr Nazi, how can you get away with anything around here...no pun intended

M&M Guy Tue Aug 08, 2006 02:31pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by REFVA
OK guys, I mis-spelled the word KAOS for the humor in it. I know how to spell Chaos..I also use spell check... Thank you very much!

I just figured you weren't old enough to know about KAOS.

(Um...I'm not really old enough either, I just read about it in a history book.)

mick and Chuck are definitely old enough, though!

ChuckElias Tue Aug 08, 2006 02:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by M&M Guy

Only b/c I saw it in re-runs on WPIX, channel 11. I never saw it when it first came out. I think we should put the cone of silence over this thread.

M&M Guy Tue Aug 08, 2006 02:40pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChuckElias
Only b/c I saw it in re-runs on WPIX, channel 11. I never saw it when it first came out. I think we should put the cone of silence over this thread.

Oops.

Sorry 'bout that, Chief.

mick Tue Aug 08, 2006 04:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by M&M Guy
I just figured you weren't old enough to know about KAOS.

(Um...I'm not really old enough either, I just read about it in a history book.)

I'm old enough.
Dint watch it.
...Not even the reruns.:)
mick

tjones1 Tue Aug 08, 2006 04:47pm

Is 99 Maxwell Smart's wife???

Jurassic Referee Tue Aug 08, 2006 05:18pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjones1
Is 99 Maxwell Smart's wife???

Nope, just a fellow secret agent/partner.

Back In The Saddle Tue Aug 08, 2006 06:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
Nope, just a fellow secret agent/partner.

I thought they finally got married?

Back In The Saddle Tue Aug 08, 2006 06:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChuckElias
I'm just your friendly neighborhood Mr. Grammar/Spelling Guy. :)

Is that like "your friendly neighborhood Spiderman", e.g., a grammar superhero? Or more like "Oh, the grammar/spelling guy is a person in your neighborhood"? Because I sure don't recall an Annoying Mr. Grammar/Spelling Guy in Mr. Roger's Neighborhood. :cool:

Jurassic Referee Tue Aug 08, 2006 07:23pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Back In The Saddle
I thought they finally got married?

Doesn't count....she tricked him into it.

http://www.wouldyoubelieve.com/99.html