The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Aug 01, 2006, 11:36am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by REFVA
Well at the high school level, we don't have that issue, But I would think at the collegiate level you at least want to look uniform. It's just a question, Don't bite my head off.
No one biting your head off. You asked a question, we gave an answer.

Secondly, there are no rules against wearing any kind of shirt as long as the shirts are striped. So if someone wants to wear these shirts, unless the assignor says something, you might see someone wear these shirts.

Peace
Old Tue Aug 01, 2006, 11:43am
Official Forum Member

In high school we contact each other to discuss all perticulars. Game, location, time, history, AD names and then not that we talk about jerzey's becuase we don't. if it were we would make sure we discuss that as well. Also a meeting place so that we all arrive together and also all leave together.

Last edited by REFVA; Tue Aug 01, 2006 at 11:51am.
Old Tue Aug 01, 2006, 12:03pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by REFVA
In high school we contact each other to discuss all perticulars. Game, location, time, history, AD names and then not that we talk about jerzey's becuase we don't. if it were we would make sure we discuss that as well. Also a meeting place so that we all arrive together.
You make it sound like officials do not do this during college games?

Either way it goes, if someone shows up with a shirt other than what is required, you still work the game. If someone does not like those shirts to be worn I am sure some consequences will have to be considered. But not workinig the game or worrying about it personally is not something I am going to do.

Peace
Old Tue Aug 01, 2006, 12:42pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
if someone shows up with a shirt other than what is required, you still work the game. If someone does not like those shirts to be worn I am sure some consequences will have to be considered.
Exactly. (Extra words inserted b/c "exactly" doesn't have enough characters for a full message. Blah, blah, blah, blah.)
Old Tue Aug 01, 2006, 12:42pm
Official Forum Member

In a perfect world, it would be nice it all the officals are wearing the same shirts. But but living in the real world, who other than us goofy officals would ever notice that someone's shirt does not match the other officals.
Old Tue Aug 01, 2006, 01:33pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckElias
Exactly. (Extra words inserted b/c "exactly" doesn't have enough characters for a full message. Blah, blah, blah, blah.)
"Exactly."
Old Tue Aug 01, 2006, 02:04pm
Official Forum Member

Ok exactly, OK exactly,, OK exactly..

Hey I thought the Collegiate level would be different. Sorry!
Old Tue Aug 01, 2006, 02:07pm
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckElias
I agree with Bob about the bag. I may try to replace mine this year.

Just a question. What's the deal with the wide side panel shirts? Does anybody really think they look that much better than a normal shirt? Personally, I think they look kind of odd. You've got 1" stripes all around the shirt, except for this HUGE stripe right under your armpit.
Also, they are suppose to be cooler, I think.
Old Tue Aug 01, 2006, 02:45pm
Official Forum Member

I think the new collegiate shirts look good. I observed a D1 game last year at Dartmouth and had two officials wearing the regular shirts and one official wearing the new shirt. It was noticeable and I didn't like the look of them not wearing the same shirt.

As far as I know, these new shirts are not approved for every conference and are being approved just like that... conference by conference. Last year it was the shirt of choice for the ACC, Big East, PAC 10 and a couple others not to mention the tournament. It has yet to hit the Ivy & Patriot Leagues, nor the America East league.

I was at a camp two weeks ago and that is apparently the new shirt for MA high school (IAABO) this year. Which looks good with all the flags & patches the MA officials wear.

Its a nice shirt, I wouldn't say it is any cooler than the micro-softer or micro-mesh shirts out on the market by anyone else, but it is a nice shirt. Look sharp!
Old Tue Aug 01, 2006, 03:22pm
Official Forum Member

I saw these online and was thinking about getting them. They will come out on September 30
Old Tue Aug 01, 2006, 04:48pm
M.A.S.H.

Just something around here, but I'd color in the logo and the other grey spots.
Old Tue Aug 01, 2006, 06:05pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally Posted by Official99
I was at a camp two weeks ago and that is apparently the new shirt for MA high school (IAABO) this year. Which looks good with all the flags & patches the MA officials wear.
There's no "approved" shirt in MA. Stripes with the IAABO and MSAABO patches is all that's required. No flag required, although many individuals (mostly college guys) wear one.

The "wide band" shirt has not been approved or disapproved in MA. To each his own. As you yourself might say, "Live free or die".
Old Tue Aug 01, 2006, 07:07pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M Guy
Are you getting a new shipping crate to bring with you to games?

M&M,
Tanner doesn't need a shiping crate to take his stuff to a game -- he needs a van or a panel truck. I've been on vacation with a smaller bag full of stuff that he takes!
Old Tue Aug 01, 2006, 07:11pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by refhoops
In a perfect world, it would be nice it all the officals are wearing the same shirts. But but living in the real world, who other than us goofy officals would ever notice that someone's shirt does not match the other officals.
I saw a game last season where one of the guys was wearing a byron collar shirt. Yes, it was a boys V game and YES -- it looked stupid -- and I'm pretty sure that most people noticed -- and that most people thought it looked stupid!
Old Tue Aug 01, 2006, 07:14pm
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by refnrev
M&M,
Tanner doesn't need a shiping crate to take his stuff to a game -- he needs a van or a panel truck. I've been on vacation with a smaller bag full of stuff that he takes!
Actually, truth be told, I did buy a new gear "bag."

Here it is: