The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Another Monk observation (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/27607-another-monk-observation.html)

Mark Padgett Sat Jul 29, 2006 06:01pm

Another Monk observation

On the following episode of Monk, Monk is temporarily blinded for a few days. I'm surprised the producers didn't have him referee a game.

26 Year Gap Sun Jul 30, 2006 08:47pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett
On the following episode of Monk, Monk is temporarily blinded for a few days. I'm surprised the producers didn't have him referee a game.

Wouldn't he do better as a coach in that situation?

Camron Rust Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:49pm

I think he'd have had a better chance as an art or movie critic!

Mark Padgett Tue Aug 01, 2006 08:13pm

Actually - he'd make a typical announcer. In fact, he'd be better than Billy Packer.

26 Year Gap Tue Aug 01, 2006 09:10pm

Quote:

Actually - he'd make a typical announcer. In fact, he'd be better than Billy Packer.

Who wouldn't be?

tjones1 Tue Aug 01, 2006 09:16pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap
Who wouldn't be?

............................... (it wouldn't allow me to post a blank reply)

Mark Padgett Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:31pm

Actually, Billy Packer is the second best announcer on television. Everyone else is tied for first. :eek:

26 Year Gap Wed Aug 02, 2006 05:28pm

Quote:

Actually, Billy Packer is the second best announcer on television. Everyone else is tied for first. :eek:

I've heard that quote about officials, but I think they were referring to my partner.

rainmaker Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:05pm

ooooooo, Monk and Billy Packer announcing a game together. That would be interesting!

26 Year Gap Thu Aug 03, 2006 07:13am

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainmaker
ooooooo, Monk and Billy Packer announcing a game together. That would be interesting!

"Billy, that player's shirt is untucked. Billy, those sweatbands are mismatched. Billy, those players should be lining up symetrically for free throws."

rainmaker Thu Aug 03, 2006 08:23am

Quote:

Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap
"Billy, that player's shirt is untucked. Billy, those sweatbands are mismatched. Billy, those players should be lining up symetrically for free throws."

yes, and if he did study the rule book, he'd put Packer in his place, wouldn't he?!

ChuckElias Thu Aug 03, 2006 08:42am

He'd like the fact that there are 10 players on the floor. Nice even number. Got a zero on the end. . .

rainmaker Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:06am

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChuckElias
He'd like the fact that there are 10 players on the floor. Nice even number. Got a zero on the end. . .

Good point. ... and for that reason, if he were reffing, he'd never, ever start with an extra player on the floor!

wisref2 Mon Aug 07, 2006 02:26am

Didn't any of you see the episode in which he umpired a baseball game! It was a hoot!

tjones1 Tue Aug 08, 2006 04:38pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by wisref2
Didn't any of you see the episode in which he umpired a baseball game! It was a hoot!

Was he in uniform? Was he wearing white gloves?