The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   McGriff's (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/27596-mcgriffs.html)

ChuckElias Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:27am

McGriff's

Is McGriff's forum totally shut down now? The "betting line" posts are gone, but I couldn't post to it.

JRutledge Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:15pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChuckElias
Is McGriff's forum totally shut down now? The "betting line" posts are gone, but I couldn't post to it.

I thought you did not go back there anymore? :D

It appears that Gary has just locked up the site. I am surprised this is the first reference I have read to that site.

Peace

ChuckElias Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:58pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge
I thought you did not go back there anymore? :D
Peace

I decided to give it One More Try.

BktBallRef Fri Jul 28, 2006 05:27pm

Couldn't tell you. I gave it up about three weeks ago.

I used a tabbed browser called Maxthon. It has all the boards that I frequent saved as a group. I deleted McGriff's basketball and football boards from the group. I have no intention of going back there.

ChuckElias Fri Jul 28, 2006 05:42pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BktBallRef
I deleted McGriff's basketball and football boards from the group. I have no intention of going back there.

I wouldn't either, if I could get onto the FED boards. :mad:

26 Year Gap Fri Jul 28, 2006 08:02pm

I used to get there via the Colorado Springs IAABO website. But I have not gone there for quite awhile. I cannot remember who the ill informed joker was on that board, so it is good that I am not able to go back and remind myself.

BktBallRef Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:18pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChuckElias
I wouldn't either, if I could get onto the FED boards. :mad:

According to their records, there is a username "ChuckElias."

Have you forgotten your password?

ChuckElias Sat Jul 29, 2006 07:42am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BktBallRef
According to their records, there is a username "ChuckElias."

Have you forgotten your password?

No, but I just went and tried it and it worked. Is the username case sensitive? I don't usually use the caps to login. Maybe that was the issue. Anyway, thanks.

BktBallRef Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:05am

No, I don't think it's case sensitive...at least not with regard to the username.

dblref Mon Jul 31, 2006 05:13am

Quote:

Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap
I used to get there via the Colorado Springs IAABO website. But I have not gone there for quite awhile. I cannot remember who the ill informed joker was on that board, so it is good that I am not able to go back and remind myself.

You're probably talking about the guy that started out as GL and wound up as JMO. I often wondered if he was doing that crap just to yank everyone's chain, or if he really was that bad.

tjones1 Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:36pm

I think the last time I was over there was two years ago. I read one thread as a lurker and decided never to go back.

dblref Tue Aug 01, 2006 05:10am

McGriffs is back now. Apparently, it was a file problem and has been fixed.

justacoach Tue Aug 01, 2006 08:15am

Quote:

Originally Posted by dblref
McGriffs is back now. Apparently, it was a file problem and has been fixed.

Great, now I can get my daily dose of entertainment from our boy JMO. He is my idol!!!

26 Year Gap Tue Aug 01, 2006 09:11pm

JMO was the guy I forgot about. Thanks for reminding me.:(

ChuckElias Thu Aug 03, 2006 08:45am

Man, Gary got it back up and running, and it\'s already crawling with those spam messages. I wouldn\'t be surprised if Gary just shuts it down. Too bad. It used to be a great place.