The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   NBA award predictions... (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/26106-nba-award-predictions.html)

simone Mon Apr 17, 2006 02:00pm

NBA award predictions...

Most valuable player..Steve Nash??Who's that?:P And other predictions..can you agree?
http://www.hoopsvibe.com/nba/nba_art...s-ar31322.html

JRutledge Mon Apr 17, 2006 02:05pm

Not the site for you.

This is an officiating site. This is not a site to discuss the NBA or anything about the players of the NBA unless it deals directly with rules. Go to a fan site to have this discussion. You will find that many here care nothing about the NBA or watch NBA games. I have not watched a single NBA game this year.

Peace

refTN Mon Apr 17, 2006 03:32pm

Let me somewhat back JRut and try to say in a nicer way that yes this is an officiating forum, not a place to discuss about the players but about officiating. I love the NBA as far as the officiating aspect of the game and somewhat like the play. If you private message me I will gladly talk to you about the awards for this year.

JugglingReferee Mon Apr 17, 2006 05:11pm

I will gladly respond that I'd support Nash getting MVP!

Blame Canada!

26 Year Gap Mon Apr 17, 2006 05:29pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JugglingReferee
I will gladly respond that I'd support Nash getting MVP!

Blame Canada!

Even if he claims his award wearing an Als uni?

IowaMike Tue Apr 18, 2006 01:00pm

Are there still people that watch the NBA?:confused: I used to love watching it in the 80's through the mid 90's, but probably haven't watched an entire game start to finish in ten years.

tjones1 Tue Apr 18, 2006 02:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaMike
Are there still people that watch the NBA?:confused: I used to love watching it in the 80's through the mid 90's, but probably haven't watched an entire game start to finish in ten years.

LOL, I was thinking the samething Mike.... of course they do call it the NBA for a reason... (the) Not Basketball Association.

JugglingReferee Tue Apr 18, 2006 03:01pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap
Even if he claims his award wearing an Als uni?

Als uni?

Als, as in Alouettes?

26 Year Gap Tue Apr 18, 2006 06:03pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JugglingReferee
Als uni?

Als, as in Alouettes?

Mais oui, monsieur!

Junker Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:14pm

To me, the NBA championship and NBA MVP carry about as much weight as a wrestling title belt. I wish they'd just come out and admit is sports entertainment like the wrestlers do.

rockyroad Wed Apr 19, 2006 01:11pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junker
To me, the NBA championship and NBA MVP carry about as much weight as a wrestling title belt. I wish they'd just come out and admit is sports entertainment like the wrestlers do.

Are you trying to say that Pro Wrestling is fake??? Them's fighting words! I'm climbing on the top turnbuckle right now...

Mwanr1 Wed Apr 19, 2006 01:30pm

MVP - <st1:City><st1:place>Kobe</st1:place></st1:City> Bryant..... the man averages 35.4 pts per game and every player in the league fears to guard him. Not to mention, he's playing with a bunch of bench warmers (except for Odom). Doing it without a supporting cast and making it to the playoffs – that takes more than a fluke. Hate it or love it, regardless of how many shots he might of took during the season and how bad his publicity may be, he can single handedly win ball games for a team. He is the league most dangerous player! Kobe Bryant should deem the league's "most 'valuable' player".

rockyroad Wed Apr 19, 2006 03:06pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mwanr1
MVP - <st1:City><st1:place>Kobe</st1:place></st1:City> Bryant..... the man averages 35.4 pts per game and every player in the league fears to guard him. Not to mention, he's playing with a bunch of bench warmers (except for Odom). Doing it without a supporting cast and making it to the playoffs – that takes more than a fluke. Hate it or love it, regardless of how many shots he might of took during the season and how bad his publicity may be, he can single handedly win ball games for a team. He is the league most dangerous player! Kobe Bryant should deem the league's "most 'valuable' player".

Yeah, maybe...but The Big Show or The Undertaker would rip Kobe to pieces in a cage match...

Jurassic Referee Wed Apr 19, 2006 05:11pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockyroad
Yeah, maybe...but The Big Show or The Undertaker would rip Kobe to pieces in a cage match...

Let Kobe try a coupla of his moves out on Trish Stratus. :eek: Ever try to shoot a J with your head stuck up your azz?:D

Actually, I do find the WWE a heckuva lot more entertaining than the NBA. The refereeing is better too(just freaking kidding before anybody goes nuts).

26 Year Gap Wed Apr 19, 2006 06:03pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
Let Kobe try a coupla of his moves out on Trish Stratus. :eek: Ever try to shoot a J with your head stuck up your azz?:D

Actually, I do find the WWE a heckuva lot more entertaining than the NBA. The refereeing is better too(just freaking kidding before anybody goes nuts).

It just hasn't been the same since Killer Kowalski retired.