The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   George Mason (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/25749-george-mason.html)

JRutledge Sun Mar 26, 2006 05:11pm

George Mason

Who had them in their bracket?

Peace

tomegun Sun Mar 26, 2006 05:14pm

Did anyone else notice what Zelton Steed did on the last missed free-throw in regulation? He started to move in like it was the first of two shots. I've done that before :D

I'm happy for Mason and constantly in awe of all the talent that comes out of the DC/Baltimore area.

ChuckElias Sun Mar 26, 2006 05:16pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge

Peace

Phil's mom from the Tony Kornheiser radio show. She's the only one. :)

26 Year Gap Sun Mar 26, 2006 05:23pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChuckElias

I bet Maggie had them.

JRutledge Sun Mar 26, 2006 05:50pm

If you would have told me UCLA, LSU and George Mason were going to be in the Final Four, I would have tried to get you committed. The only teams left I would have believed had a chance would have been Villanova. Villanova is the only school #1 seed left. Right now they are losing.

Peace

Raymond Sun Mar 26, 2006 06:31pm

Quote:

If you would have told me UCLA, LSU and George Mason were going to be in the Final Four, I would have tried to get you committed. The only teams left I would have believed had a chance would have been Villanova. Villanova is the only school #1 seed left. Right now they are losing.

Peace

I did have UCLA from the beginning b/c of their bracket. Weren't George Mason specifically, and the Colonial in general, singled out by Nantz and Packer as not deserving of at-large bids? Nantz was emphatically disparaging GMU's schedule. Now look at what GMU did, they beat 2 teams who had players with championship rings (UNC & UConn) and another with players who made a Final Four (Michigan St.). The only other runs to the Final Four that I could match this with are UofA in '97, and 'Nova in '85. It's a tremendous job.

Also, a big shout out to VA men's basketball. Virginia Union DII 2005 champs and '06 runner-up. Virigina Weselyan DIII 2006 champs. GMU in the Final Four.

Mark Padgett Sun Mar 26, 2006 07:51pm

I had them

I had George Mason in my final four - along with Alaska A&M, Montana State Teachers College and Vassar. :p

rgaudreau Sun Mar 26, 2006 08:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChuckElias

I listened to that show... Coach was on as well if I remember correctly. I remember TK telling Phil's mom that if her bracket is right, she'd be the only on in the country to pick it properly.

I guess it worked out.

You can check out her bracket at www.tkbracket.com

REn

ChuckElias Sun Mar 26, 2006 08:35pm

Actually, what he said was that if she ended up being right, she would be the smartest person in the universe! :D

rgaudreau Sun Mar 26, 2006 08:42pm

I knew it was something like that.. I hope I get to listen to tomorrow's show, but I'll probably be stuck at work without XM... oh well.

Ren

PGCougar Sun Mar 26, 2006 09:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef
Weren't George Mason specifically, and the Colonial in general, singled out by Nantz and Packer as not deserving of at-large bids? Nantz was emphatically disparaging GMU's schedule. Now look at what GMU did, they beat 2 teams who had players with championship rings (UNC & UConn) and another with players who made a Final Four (Michigan St.). The only other runs to the Final Four that I could match this with are UofA in '97, and 'Nova in '85. It's a tremendous job.

I was at the game today in a luxury box no less- God I love my bankers! Based on the fan sampling here, I'm sure they will give Billy P a warm, southern-hospitality styled welcome at next week's game! Apparently the GMU folks hate Billy Packer even more than us folks here!

26 Year Gap Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:18pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGCougar
I was at the game today in a luxury box no less- God I love my bankers! Based on the fan sampling here, I'm sure they will give Billy P a warm, southern-hospitality styled welcome at next week's game! Apparently the GMU folks hate Billy Packer even more than us folks here!

Here's hoping they organize a cheer that can't be bleeped out. :cool:

WhistlesAndStripes Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:10pm

Quote:

Peace

At least 3 people in the nationwide ESPN Tournament challenge had them. If you look at the main leaderboard, there's 3 scores on page 1 that got 320 points in that round, meaning they picked the entire final 4 correctly. There could be others, but I'm not gonna be the one to click all the other brackets.

Nevadaref Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:06am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whistles & Stripes
At least 3 people in the nationwide ESPN Tournament challenge had them. If you look at the main leaderboard, there's 3 scores on page 1 that got 320 points in that round, meaning they picked the entire final 4 correctly. There could be others, but I'm not gonna be the one to click all the other brackets.

You would only have to click on the brackets that DON'T list UConn as their champion. That should considerably lessen the workload.

Adam Mon Mar 27, 2006 02:36am

Isn't this the first year without a #1 in the final four?

Nevadaref Mon Mar 27, 2006 02:37am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells

Last time was 1980.

dblref Mon Mar 27, 2006 07:30am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells

According to the Washington Post, it's the first time since 1980.

Nevadaref Mon Mar 27, 2006 08:08am

Quote:

Originally Posted by dblref
According to the Washington Post, it's the first time since 1980.

Same info 5 hours later. :p

Raymond Mon Mar 27, 2006 08:42am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef
I did have UCLA from the beginning b/c of their bracket. Weren't George Mason specifically, and the Colonial in general, singled out by Nantz and Packer as not deserving of at-large bids? Nantz was emphatically disparaging GMU's schedule. Now look at what GMU did, they beat 2 teams who had players with championship rings (UNC & UConn) and another with players who made a Final Four (Michigan St.). The only other runs to the Final Four that I could match this with are UofA in '97, and 'Nova in '85. It's a tremendous job.

Also, a big shout out to VA men's basketball. Virginia Union DII 2005 champs and '06 runner-up. Virigina Weselyan DIII 2006 champs. GMU in the Final Four.

Oh yeah, forgot about the ODU Monarchs making the NIT Final Four also.

WhistlesAndStripes Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref
You would only have to click on the brackets that DON'T list UConn as their champion. That should considerably lessen the workload.

Not doing that either.

tmp44 Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:38pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by rgaudreau
I knew it was something like that.. I hope I get to listen to tomorrow's show, but I'll probably be stuck at work without XM... oh well.

Ren

Wait a minute...TK is back on the radio???? Since when???? And how can I listen to him????? I'm in Pittsburgh and haven't heard a "Claasssic" since he left ESPN Radio....

ChuckElias Mon Mar 27, 2006 01:19pm

TMP,

Tony is indeed back on radio, although you picked a bad time to find that out. LOL. He has taken the Monday Night Football gig on ESPN and will be leaving the radio soon. He'll be back again after the NFL season, but you don't have much time to listen to him.

You can hear him on XM radio, channel 152, daily at 11 am. That's a delayed broadcast. If you don't have XM, you can listen to the live stream at http://thiswebsitestinks.com/ starting at 9 am, weekdays.

Good luck! By the way, this thread stinks!

Lotto Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:23pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett
I had George Mason in my final four - along with Alaska A&M, Montana State Teachers College and Vassar. :p

To quote Homer Simpson...

I've had quite enough of your Vassar-bashing!

dblref Tue Mar 28, 2006 06:44am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref
Same info 5 hours later. :p

True, but your post had not appeared when I posted. The times sure seem to be screwy on the new forum. I posted my reply Monday morning (east coast), but it shows as 12:30pm. ????

dblref Tue Mar 28, 2006 06:48am

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmp44
Wait a minute...TK is back on the radio???? Since when???? And how can I listen to him????? I'm in Pittsburgh and haven't heard a "Claasssic" since he left ESPN Radio....

You're lucky. We get his b*itching, moaning, complaining, griping on Sports Talk 980 FM in the DC area.

ChuckElias Tue Mar 28, 2006 08:42am

Quote:

Originally Posted by dblref
You're lucky. We get his b*itching, moaning, complaining, griping on Sports Talk 980 FM in the DC area.

Yeah, but it's funny b*itching, moaning, complaining, and griping. :D