The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Camps in the New England (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/25657-camps-new-england.html)

Jay R Wed Mar 22, 2006 06:07pm

Camps in the New England

Hey guys,

Are there camps (college level) in the New England area that you are aware of for this summer.

I live in New Brunswick, Canada but it is only 5 or 6 hours to Portland Maine and I could travel as far as Boston. Maybe Chuck would know?

I found one camp on the Internet (ECAC Camp in Plymouth NH), is anyone familiar with this camp?

Thanks in advance.

JP

ChuckElias Wed Mar 22, 2006 06:25pm

I'm not familiar with the ECAC camp, but I know that there is at least one IAABO camp in MA. There is also Hoop Mountain, which is in Rhode Island, I believe. That's a good camp and is run by Tom O'Connor. I'm pretty sure they have a website. Check the IAABO site for the exact location of their camp, too.

I don't know of any others, personally.

Dan_ref Wed Mar 22, 2006 07:57pm

Hey Jay.

If you're looking to get hired the ECAC camp might not be for you...I could be wrong but I don't think they extend to New Brunswick, or even Maine.

OTOH from what I understand they run a good teaching camp.

You can send them an email to find out if they offer what you're looking for.

Jay R Wed Mar 22, 2006 08:51pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan_ref
Hey Jay.

If you're looking to get hired the ECAC camp might not be for you...I could be wrong but I don't think they extend to New Brunswick, or even Maine.

OTOH from what I understand they run a good teaching camp.

You can send them an email to find out if they offer what you're looking for.

I'm not looking to work in the US. I'm looking for a good camp to improve but at the College level.

Thanks for the info guys.

26 Year Gap Wed Mar 22, 2006 09:46pm

IAABO camps in New England

Dave Ames runs one at Husson College in June. Husson is in Bangor and it is a 4 day camp. Peter Webb who is the Maine Interpreter will likely be there. The Plymouth State camp is a good one according to some fellow officials I know who have attened. There is also an IAABO camp in the Boston area. You can probably reach Dave Ames through www.iaabo111.org and you can go to www.iaabo.org to find out about the one in Massachusetts.

moosie Thu Mar 23, 2006 09:03pm

New England Camps

Probably already full but you could probably get on a waiting list. There's a Southern Maine Hoops camp at the University of Southern Maine, Gorham campus- about 5.5 hours from Saint John.

http://eteamz.active.com/mainehooprefs/handouts/

Jay R Thu Mar 30, 2006 06:11pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap
Dave Ames runs one at Husson College in June. Husson is in Bangor and it is a 4 day camp. Peter Webb who is the Maine Interpreter will likely be there. The Plymouth State camp is a good one according to some fellow officials I know who have attened. There is also an IAABO camp in the Boston area. You can probably reach Dave Ames through www.iaabo111.org and you can go to www.iaabo.org to find out about the one in Massachusetts.

26 Year Gap or someone else.

Do you anything about the Husson College Camp?

Jay R

26 Year Gap Thu Mar 30, 2006 09:13pm

I would get in touch with Dave Ames. I did find something on the internet when I did a google search for Dave Ames Maine IAABO. Dave did the finals of the Sunrise Conference that Husson College is part of this year. He has been an official for many years and got me into it when I was a student at UMaine in the 1970s. I can see if I can find his email address and if I do, I will send you a private message. I lived in Woodland [near Calais] and it was 2 hours from Bangor. Bangor is also 2 hours from Houlton. So you can figure your drive times from there.

26 Year Gap Fri Mar 31, 2006 01:37pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay R
26 Year Gap or someone else.

Do you anything about the Husson College Camp?

Jay R

I am not able to send you a private message. I have Dave's email address for info. Send me a private message & I wiill give it to you.

Jay R Fri Mar 31, 2006 03:19pm

I have since found Dave's e-mail address and contacted him. Thanks anyway.

JP

Mark Dexter Sun Apr 02, 2006 06:58pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChuckElias
I'm not familiar with the ECAC camp, but I know that there is at least one IAABO camp in MA. There is also Hoop Mountain, which is in Rhode Island, I believe. That's a good camp and is run by Tom O'Connor. I'm pretty sure they have a website. Check the IAABO site for the exact location of their camp, too.

I don't know of any others, personally.

Hoop Mountain is at Stonehill (just outside of Boston). Their website is www.hoopmountain.com

Jurassic Referee Sun Apr 02, 2006 07:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Dexter
Hoop Mountain is at Stonehill (just outside of Boston). Their website is www.hoopmountain.com

And where in the dexter have you been, Dexter?

We were all kinda worried that you maybe had discovered wimmen or sumthin'.:eek: Say it ain't so!

PS- Screw the BoSox.