The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Jun 27, 2001, 12:42pm
Suppref

Exclamation

Okay I agree with you now, no more earrings. Where do we draw the line of inspection? There are tongue, ear, nipple, belly button and who know's where else piercings. How can we be sure they are all removed? If we don't see it we can't call it? Do we trust the coaches to inspect their teams in the lockerroom? what are your thoughts on this?
Old Wed Jun 27, 2001, 12:45pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to dhodges007 Send a message via Yahoo to dhodges007
I say we go in the locker room and inspect them ourselves. Let's run it like the military

I say only if it shows...

My two sense!
Old Wed Jun 27, 2001, 01:03pm
Official Forum Member

Part of the reason we have the coach verfy everyone is legal is to absolve us of responsibility in these cases. We have to prevent them from playing when we see stuff and since we can reasonably see ear, nose, ad eye brow rings we have to inspect for that prior to a game. If they have a tounge, belly button, or "other" piercing ("Coach I can't play I just got a prince albert") that reasonably will be covered from view, then we have to take the coaches word unless we see it. Once we see I, we must act.

I was told a story from a volleyball official last year who had a girl come over to the stand and argued a call. As soon as she started chirping she saw the tounge stud, busted. I guess her coach got a little red on the bottom over it.

Lesson: Keep you trap shut and bad things won't happen.
Old Wed Jun 27, 2001, 01:42pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Post try this...

As you or your partner walk out to toss, do a final check and ask if all jewelry is off, including all piercings, external or internal. Whoever is not tossing should direct the same remark to the benches.

It's not perfect, but it may help. Of course, you have asked previously, too.
Old Mon Jul 02, 2001, 10:18am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Re: try this...

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett
As you or your partner walk out to toss, do a final check and ask if all jewelry is off, including all piercings, external or internal. Whoever is not tossing should direct the same remark to the benches.

It's not perfect, but it may help. Of course, you have asked previously, too.
If you say it in the right tone, everyone laughs, except the kid with the tongue stud or navel ring, who says, "I have to take it out?!"