The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Mar 11, 2006, 06:26pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to fonzzy07
Hey a quick one could someone please tell me where the officials stand on the court, during both a 30 and a full time out. It would be great if you could also give me both 2 and 3 man systems. Thanks in advance.
Old Sat Mar 11, 2006, 08:07pm
Official Forum Member

For two man: 30 = stand at the top of the key on each end.
Full = stand on the block farther from the bench at each end.

For three man: Same as above, except the third guy holds the ball and stands where it will be inbounded. Unless this is near a team bench or between them, when the official moves out onto the court several feet.

Old Sat Mar 11, 2006, 11:46pm
Official Forum Member

Thanks and im assuming you face the bench? Also the guy who is going to put the ball in play holds onto it.
Old Sun Mar 12, 2006, 12:00am
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Originally posted by fonzzy07
Thanks and im assuming you face the bench? Also the guy who is going to put the ball in play holds onto it.
Correct. With the ball on the side of the hip in which the ball is going.
Old Sun Mar 12, 2006, 12:02am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
You got it. The only differnce is in NCAA-W, the official who will be putting the ball in play sets the ball down on the spot where it will be inbounded. I guess the reasoning is everyone will know where the inbounds spot is, even if the officials get together at another spot. I just can't get used to it - it just feels strange to set it down on the floor and stand next to it. In all other instances, hang on to it.

(Used with permission.)
Old Sun Mar 12, 2006, 12:22am
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Originally posted by M&M Guy
Quote:
You got it. The only differnce is in NCAA-W, the official who will be putting the ball in play sets the ball down on the spot where it will be inbounded. I guess the reasoning is everyone will know where the inbounds spot is, even if the officials get together at another spot. I just can't get used to it - it just feels strange to set it down on the floor and stand next to it. In all other instances, hang on to it.
I agree, cause if you have people like M&M in your crowd and you set the ball down, they will probably steal it from you.
Old Sun Mar 12, 2006, 12:31am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tjones1
I agree, cause if you have people like M&M in your crowd and you set the ball down, they will probably steal it from you.
Hey - I resemble that!

(Used with permission.)
Old Sun Mar 12, 2006, 12:37am
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Quote:
Hey - I resemble that!
Ha Ha, I know. Jim, you missed a good game called by Paul this weekend, he did a wonderful job. It was good to see him out there!
Old Sun Mar 12, 2006, 12:49am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hey - I resemble that!
Ha Ha, I know. Jim, you missed a good game called by Paul this weekend, he did a wonderful job. It was good to see him out there!
I heard he was working this weekend. I hope his partners did a good job as well.

(Used with permission.)
Old Sun Mar 12, 2006, 12:52am
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hey - I resemble that!
I heard he was working this weekend. I hope his partners did a good job as well.
They most certainly did! Sorry to hi-jack the thread somewhat... anyways... hope we helped fonzzy.
Old Sun Mar 12, 2006, 08:09pm
Official Forum Member

Also to add to this, where do the officials stand inbetween quatres? both 3 and 2 man would be helpful. Thank you
Old Sun Mar 12, 2006, 09:18pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Also to add to this, where do the officials stand inbetween quatres? both 3 and 2 man would be helpful. Thank you
The intermission between quarters is 1 minute and timed exactly the same as a full time-out. Stand where you do for those.

In two man, the R is in the backcourt of the team that will inbound and has the ball. He then proceeds to the huddle for the first horn and then across to the division line spot. The U is in the frontcourt on the far block.

In three man, the U1 and U2 are on the blocks. Doesn't matter which is where. The R has the ball and is on the division line throw-in spot opposite the table waiting.
Old Sun Mar 12, 2006, 09:44pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Nevadaref
Quote:
The intermission between quarters is 1 minute and timed exactly the same as a full time-out. Stand where you do for those.

In two man, the R is in the backcourt of the team that will inbound and has the ball. He then proceeds to the huddle for the first horn and then across to the division line spot. The U is in the frontcourt on the far block.

In three man, the U1 and U2 are on the blocks. Doesn't matter which is where. The R has the ball and is on the division line throw-in spot opposite the table waiting.
Waiting on tables is hard work. They rarely move.