The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Over and back? (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/25383-over-back.html)

Rita C Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:53pm

Black has ball in front court and loses the ball. It heads to backcourt. Both red and black go after the ball. In backcourt red and black are scrambling after the ball. Both red and black touch the ball before black finally gains control.

I whistled over and back.

Rita

Snake~eyes Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:57pm

Depends, was black last to touch it before it went into the BC and first to touch it once it got there. If so then violation otherwise no-call.

BktBallRef Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:17am

Quote:

Originally posted by Rita C
Black has ball in front court and loses the ball. It heads to backcourt. Both red and black go after the ball. In backcourt red and black are scrambling after the ball. Both red and black touch the ball before black finally gains control.

Rita

Who last touched it before it went into the BC?

Who first touched it after it entered the BC?

Rita C Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:34am

ahhh

I knew something felt wrong with the call. I still made the correct call but I should have called it sooner. I was waiting for control.

I wanted to talk it over with my partner afterwards but he couldn't stay.

Rita

assignmentmaker Wed Mar 08, 2006 02:27am

Quote:

Originally posted by BktBallRef
Quote:

Originally posted by Rita C

Rita

Who last touched it before it went into the BC?

Who first touched it after it entered the BC?

How do you treat simultaneous touching in the backcourt in context of backcourt?

bebanovich Wed Mar 08, 2006 03:03am

Quote:

Originally posted by assignmentmaker

How do you treat simultaneous touching in the backcourt in context of backcourt?

[/B]
Ooo, can I guess. I want to say you've got no call unless black clearly touches it first. My guess is that the rule says you can't be "first to touch" the ball in the back court and simultaneous touch sounds like a tie for second.

I'm just a coach but that's what I'd be howli...uh...politely asking. ;)

Rick82358 Wed Mar 08, 2006 07:39am

I would have to say that it would be nothing

black would have to be the first to touch the ball in the back court for the over and back - simultanious would mena that black was not the first so you got nothing.

good question

TriggerMN Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:45am

[/B][/QUOTE]

How do you treat simultaneous touching in the backcourt

[/B][/QUOTE]

I treat it as a good Saturday night!

assignmentmaker Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:11pm

Quote:

Originally posted by TriggerMN

How do you treat simultaneous touching in the backcourt

[/B][/QUOTE]

I treat it as a good Saturday night! [/B][/QUOTE]

And when they make the movie . . . OverAndBack Mountain?

Nu1 Thu Mar 09, 2006 08:28am

Rita,
Your first post seems to read that Red and Black touch the ball at the same time. Is that how it happened or did Black touch it first?

If both teams touch at the same time, I've got nothing. Play on.