The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   College camps in IL, IN, WI, MI (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/25362-college-camps-il-wi-mi.html)

SeanFitzRef Mon Mar 06, 2006 02:14pm

Anyone out there have any info on college camps in the Great Lakes area? Looking to 'expand my horizons' this summer and next. Any info and /or links provided will be greatly appreciated.

M&M Guy Mon Mar 06, 2006 03:37pm

Quote:

Originally posted by SeanFitzRef
Anyone out there have any info on college camps in the Great Lakes area? Looking to 'expand my horizons' this summer and next. Any info and /or links provided will be greatly appreciated.
Men's, women's, or doesn't matter?

SeanFitzRef Mon Mar 06, 2006 03:47pm

Doesn't matter, I've worked using both sets of mechanics. I know the one in Elgin, and I'm going to Al Raya's camp in Jacksonville, looking for some others.

Jerry Blum Mon Mar 06, 2006 04:05pm

I believe Eric Harmon who assigns for DIII in Indiana has one in the Indianapolis/Lafeyette area. Not sure how useful it is for college officiating though. I know he uses it to evaluate some of his high school officials.

I don't have information but will let you know when I get it.

Rick82358 Mon Mar 06, 2006 04:13pm

Dave Vendrely Camp Information
This camp will offer:

* 3 person mechanics
* Classroom lectures and instructions
* On court instruction and demonstrations
* College Assigners in attendance
* Clinicians are experienced at the Division I level
* Game management skills
* Highest quality competition ( Men’s NCAA Division 1 talent )!!!!!
Run n Slam T-shirt

Camp Meeting: 5/6/06 @ Hall’s Guesthouse Ballroom C 8:00-12:00 p.m. ( Beer, pop, pizza, cash bar )

Camp Cost: Prior to 3/1/06 $150.00 ( staff members $125.00 )

After 3/1/06 $175.00 ( staff members $150.00 )

Officials will be emailed the directions and details of camp 10 days prior to start of the camp. If you do not receive email contact Dave Vendrely at: [email protected]

Please complete this form and make check or money order payable to:

Dave Vendrely,

11427 Gongwer Dr.

Fort Wayne, In. 46845

Camp Director: Dave Vendrely

If you are truly interested in advancing your officiating career in college then you need to attend this camp!!

Camp Registration Form

Name:_______________________________ Home Phone:_(____)_______________

Social Security #:______________________ Business Phone:_(____)____________

Email Address:_______________________ Cell Phone:_(____)________________

Street:_________________________ City______________ State______ Zip_______

Years of Experience: High School ________ College________

Tournament Experience: High School ________ College________

T-shirt size (circle one): S M L XL XXL XXXL

Camp registration: Spiece Fieldhouse; May 5, 2006 4:30-6:30 p.m. EDT

Pre-camp meeting Spiece Fieldhouse 6:30-7:30 p.m. EDT Games begin at 8:00 p.m. EDT

If you need motel accommodations, please list motel room partner(s) preference: __________________________________________________ ____________________________________

Motel room: (check one) May 5 only ____ May 6 only ___ May 5 & 6 ______ No accommodations needed ____

Motel details: Hall’s Guesthouse 1313 W. Washington Center Rd. (1/2 mile from Spiece Fieldhouse )

Rooms have two double beds per room; the rate including tax is $68.32 per night ( 2, 3, or 4 per room )

Officials will pay motel expenses directly to motel when they check-in!!!!!

M&M Guy Mon Mar 06, 2006 04:18pm

I will see you at Al's camp. I've been there for the last 4 years; it's probably one of the best teaching camps for the money. It is usually the last weekend in June. One of my juco conferences has their camp the next weekend in Jacksonville as well. Bruce Mason, the supervisor for the Big 12 women's officials, has two camps - one is Des Moines and the other in Belleville, IL (just east of St. Louis). My other juco conference holds their camp in conjunction with Bruce's camp in Belleville, and I believe it's the same weekend as Al's camp. One guy I work with also works a D3 conference in IN, and he was at a camp last year that was also in that same time frame - last weekend in June or first weekend in July.

SeanFitzRef Mon Mar 06, 2006 04:59pm

Thanks, all. Keep adding them as you get them.

M&M, I'll see you at the camp in Jacksonville.

smoref Mon Mar 06, 2006 05:02pm

Quote:

Originally posted by M&M Guy
Bruce Mason, the supervisor for the Big 12 women's officials, has two camps - one is Des Moines and the other in Belleville, IL (just east of St. Louis).
Isn't Becky Marshall the Supervisor for the Big 12 women's officials?

M&M Guy Mon Mar 06, 2006 05:07pm

Quote:

Originally posted by smoref
Quote:

Originally posted by M&M Guy
Bruce Mason, the supervisor for the Big 12 women's officials, has two camps - one is Des Moines and the other in Belleville, IL (just east of St. Louis).
Isn't Becky Marshall the Supervisor for the Big 12 women's officials?

D'oh!

Umm...I meant to say Missouri Valley. I was just testing you. You passed. ;)

tjones1 Mon Mar 06, 2006 05:14pm

M&M,

Did you ever find specific dates for Al's camp?
Thanks

M&M Guy Mon Mar 06, 2006 05:24pm

Quote:

Originally posted by tjones1
M&M,

Did you ever find specific dates for Al's camp?
Thanks

I have not seen anything specific for this year, but in the past it's always been the last weekend in June. Back in '04 it was 6/25, 26, and 27, and in '05 it was 6/24, 25, and 26. My assumption is this year it will probably be 6/23, 24 and 25. As soon as I find out specifics, I will let you know.

Now, quit playing on the computer, and get back to studying! :D

kenref1 Mon Mar 06, 2006 05:33pm

Tanner and Jim,

When I was working at Illinois College this weekend, Brenna said it is the last full weekend on June. June 23,24 and 25.

SeanFitzRef Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:05am

Those are the dates that Al emailed me as well. He just said that they hadn't updated the site yet (or if they will).

tjones1 Tue Mar 07, 2006 05:29pm

Quote:

Those are the dates that Al emailed me as well. He just said that they hadn't updated the site yet (or if they will).
What is the URL for the website?

M&M Guy Tue Mar 07, 2006 05:39pm

Quote:

Originally posted by tjones1
Quote:

What is the URL for the website?

http://www.mwcofficials.com/guests.php