The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Market Basket (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/25354-market-basket.html)

JCrow Mon Mar 06, 2006 08:05am

On Sunday, Mrs. Crow gives me the Shopping List and I swing by Market Basket to pick up the groceries. This is a small price to pay for her putting up with my golf purchases like the Spin-Go I just got that draws an equater around your golf ball that is dynamically balanced to the golf ball's true center of gravity! (Not sure how it helps balls driven 120 yards into the woods but I'm hopeful?)

Anyway, on the way out, the Bagger said,

"Paper or plastic?"

I said better give me paper because I need to put a bag over my head after getting into an argument on the Official's Bulletin Board defending the shooting of a certain Duke Player that shall remain nameless.

mick Mon Mar 06, 2006 08:30am

:)

Jurassic Referee Mon Mar 06, 2006 08:39am

Quote:

Originally posted by JCrow

I said better give me paper because I need to put a bag over my head after getting into an argument on the Official's Bulletin Board defending the shooting of a certain Duke Player that shall remain nameless.

Hey, if somebody wants to shoot a Duke player, I'll defend him for doing that too. Just flesh wounds though, mind you...... :D

Rick82358 Mon Mar 06, 2006 04:44pm

The ball will get higher scores from the judges if it reamins balanced in flight - and when it goes in the water it cuts down on the splash - those are worth at least .3 - .5 by any judge (other than the French judge) in scoring.

rockyroad Mon Mar 06, 2006 04:48pm

I'm still looking for golf balls with a built-in GPS system so that when I do drive them 120 yards into the woods, it won't take me 30 min. to find them...too stubborn to take a drop.

smoref Mon Mar 06, 2006 04:52pm

Quote:

Originally posted by rockyroad
I'm still looking for golf balls with a built-in GPS system so that when I do drive them 120 yards into the woods, it won't take me 30 min. to find them...too stubborn to take a drop.
I can see you doing that DJ. Instead of taking one stroke penalty for the drop, you will take three attempts to hit it out of the trees.

I understand, it is a pride thing.........

rockyroad Mon Mar 06, 2006 05:06pm

Quote:

Originally posted by smoref
Quote:

I can see you doing that DJ. Instead of taking one stroke penalty for the drop, you will take three attempts to hit it out of the trees.

I understand, it is a pride thing.........

Heck no...I only take one swing. And right after my partners hear the "woosh" sound of my club going thru the air, they see the ball come flying out and land in the middle of the fairway...not my fault they didn't see me throw it!

M&M Guy Mon Mar 06, 2006 05:14pm

Quote:

Heck no...I only take one swing. And right after my partners hear the "woosh" sound of my club going thru the air, they see the ball come flying out and land in the middle of the fairway...not my fault they didn't see me throw it!
I tried that once, but I still hit a tree and it came back at me.

Which reminds me - since you measure drives in yards, and you measure putts in feet, should a putt count as a third of a stroke?

rockyroad Mon Mar 06, 2006 05:21pm

Quote:

Originally posted by M&M Guy
Quote:

I tried that once, but I still hit a tree and it came back at me.

Which reminds me - since you measure drives in yards, and you measure putts in feet, should a putt count as a third of a stroke?

Hey - I'm gonna try that next time!