The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   A new request (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/25244-new-request.html)

rainmaker Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:49am

Rec league, girls 7th grade, not very good. Green is getting thoroughly trounced. At 28 seconds left in the game, Coach is all over me about a call he thinks I kicked. Opponent was shooting a second of two free-throws, air-balled, but green "rebounded". I blew the whistle, and called in a (white sub). Green coach thinks I'm taking away the ball from him. He jumps up, "You cant call in a sub when we've got the ball! This is ridiculous! Why can't you call anything our way? What's going on?" I said, "Coach, White missed the rim, the ball is dead, and you get the ball! Now I can call in a sub, since the ball is dead." He says, with no change of tone or any hint that he heard one word I said, "You have no idea what you're doing." This league has a zero tolerance for this kind of coach garbage, so I walked over and said, "Coach, you can watch the last 28 seconds from here in the gym, or you can hear about it in a few minutes in the parking lot. You choose." He says, "You're funny!" So I tossed him.

As we're waiting for him to leave, a fan right behind him says, "Do you kick grandparents out, too?" I said, "Well, since you asked so nicely, sure." He says, "'Cause I don't like the way you're calling this game." I said, "Okay, consider yourself ejected." And he left. I've never had anyone ask politely to be ejected!!

M&M Guy Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:00pm

Quote:

Originally posted by rainmaker
Rec league, girls 7th grade, not very good.

Redundant statement.
Quote:

As we're waiting for him to leave, a fan right behind him says, "Do you kick grandparents out, too?" I said, "Well, since you asked so nicely, sure." He says, "'Cause I don't like the way you're calling this game." I said, "Okay, consider yourself ejected." And he left. I've never had anyone ask politely to be ejected!!

That's the one thing that's missing from society today - politeness. The older generation really understands that, while the younger generation has no clue. Btw, it was probably the coach's dad. And since he rode to the game in his son's car, he wanted to make sure he got out to the parking lot in time so he didn't miss his ride.

MajorCord Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:15pm

Quote:

Originally posted by M&M Guy
Quote:

Rec league, girls 7th grade, not very good.

Redundant statement.
Quote:

That's the one thing that's missing from society today - politeness. The older generation really understands that, while the younger generation has no clue. Btw, it was probably the coach's dad. And since he rode to the game in his son's car, he wanted to make sure he got out to the parking lot in time so he didn't miss his ride.

:) :) :)

Now that is funny! Thanks for a great laugh, M&M!

Mark Padgett Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:14am

Juulie - was this "our league"? BTW - will I see you at pizza Saturday?

rainmaker Thu Mar 02, 2006 01:07pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Mark Padgett
Juulie - was this "our league"? BTW - will I see you at pizza Saturday?
yes, and no. I"ll be at the 4A girls' tourney -- watching not working!