The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Feb 27, 2006, 05:46pm
Official Forum Member

I didn't see the game, but this morning they ran the clip twice and I saw it again over lunch about the Indiana kid setting a screen and getting leveled - giving the Mich State big his 5th.

Everybody think the Indiana player had position in time? Looked to me like the State player didn't have any chance whatsoever to stop or avoid the screen. Thought it looked like a case of a big guy getting punished for being big.

Anyone else see it?

Old Mon Feb 27, 2006, 08:13pm
Official Forum Member

I was watching the game, I saw the replay. Tough call. I think its a play-on. I think the players just ran into eachother and the bigger guy just knocked over the other one.
Old Tue Feb 28, 2006, 01:05pm
Official Forum Member

I haven't seen the play, but I was wondering if you all know who were the officials on the game & which official made the call?
Old Tue Feb 28, 2006, 01:14pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by brianp134
I haven't seen the play, but I was wondering if you all know who were the officials on the game & which official made the call?
Donnie Gray, James Burr, Steve Welmer

I believe Burr made the call but I'm not 100% sure.
Old Tue Feb 28, 2006, 01:16pm
Official Forum Member

I saw the game and was hoping IU would get the win. It was a kicked call. Mike Davis knew that MSU's big man had 4. IMO te IU obviously flopped. He did a great job selling it however. He drew the attention of the official with his scream(sounded like he was getting killed) and the flop to the floor drew the whistle. It was a tough call for any official, but I honestly think it was a flop.
Old Tue Feb 28, 2006, 04:17pm
Official Forum Member

I remember seeing it and thinking I would have no-called it, but then I'm not working DI. Was the crew flexing at the time of this call? There was one call in a game over the weekend that I thought was a little suspect where the crew was in the middle of a flex and I thought the call was made because of this.
Old Tue Feb 28, 2006, 04:28pm
Courageous When Prudent

I don't know, Donnee Gray and Jim Burr. Two perennial Final Four officials.

If this were a coach (say maybe uhhhhh, Bebanovich or the guy from the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference) asking this question I think we would be telling him to trust the judgement of the veteran official on the floor who had the best view of the play.

Just my 2/100th's of a dollar.

ps: I didn't see the game nor any highlights of this game.

[Edited by BadNewsRef on Feb 28th, 2006 at 04:44 PM]