The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   player control (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/25112-player-control.html)

just another ref Tue Feb 21, 2006 02:06am

Jarbo for Pepperdine got his 5th on a pc as he went to the basket. Don't know who this announcer was but he strongly disagreed: "That was no offensive foul!" Replay comes up and clearly showed the call. Jarbo extended his right arm as he went up for the shot with his left. He had his wrist flexed sharply so on the contact, which was undeniable, he all but grabbed the defender's arm. There was a pause. I thought the guy was going to backtrack, but instead he announced, with conviction: "That is not a player control foul. The defender's arm did not even move, so there was no advantage gained."

They could just as well hire me to comment on terrorism and its effect on crude oil futures.

cowbyfan1 Tue Feb 21, 2006 05:44am

And you expect better from announcers??? How many have continually proven they don't have a clue???

ChuckElias Tue Feb 21, 2006 08:46am

Quote:

Originally posted by just another ref
They could just as well hire me to comment on terrorism and its effect on crude oil futures.
Shows what you know. Terrorism has NO effect on crude oil futures. Terrorism's wider influence is on BOLOGNA futures! Oscar Mayer stockholder's are in for a roller coster ride next quarter! And you can take that. . . to the BANK!

just another ref Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:27am

Quote:

Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:

Shows what you know. Terrorism has NO effect on crude oil futures. Terrorism's wider influence is on BOLOGNA futures! Oscar Mayer stockholder's are in for a roller coster ride next quarter! And you can take that. . . to the BANK!

I stand corrected.

just another ref Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:30am

Quote:

Quote:

So you're saying we can expect costs to roll.

ChuckElias Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:24am

Quote:

Quote:

Oscar Mayer stockholder's are in for a roller coster ride next quarter!

That's a good catch. I didn't notice that one. But the one I did notice -- and was too lazy to fix -- you didn't find. HA! HA!! It's a Mr. Grammar/Spelling Guy scavenger hunt!!

And yes, I've had way too much Nyquil over the last 4 days.

just another ref Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:36am

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Oscar Mayer stockholder's are in for a roller coster ride next quarter!

That's a good catch. I didn't notice that one. But the one I did notice -- and was too lazy to fix -- you didn't find. HA! HA!! It's a Mr. Grammar/Spelling Guy scavenger hunt!!

And yes, I've had way too much Nyquil over the last 4 days.

I noticed "stockholder's" but didn't have a clever way to point it out.

Jurassic Referee Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:47am

Quote:

And yes, I've had way too much Nyquil over the last 4 days. [/B]
Do you know how much alcohol is in that stuff?

That ain't diet coke, Toto.

ChuckElias Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:13pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Please. I know that. Diet Coke is for after the game. :D

Jurassic Referee Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:19pm

Quote:

Quote:

True story.......

When I was assigning football years ago, I received a written complaint that one of my officials had alcohol on his breath before a high school varsity game. I checked it out....and.....he was taking Nyquil for a cold and cough. I still don't know if they believed my reply to the complaint.

The moral to that story? Use breath mints if you're taking Nyquil before a game.

Junker Tue Feb 21, 2006 01:51pm

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

True story.......

When I was assigning football years ago, I received a written complaint that one of my officials had alcohol on his breath before a high school varsity game. I checked it out....and.....he was taking Nyquil for a cold and cough. I still don't know if they believed my reply to the complaint.

The moral to that story? Use breath mints if you're taking Nyquil before a game.

Couldn't the moral of the story be to say you are taking Nyquil if you get caught drinking before a game?