The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Feb 16, 2006, 09:49pm
Official Forum Member

I have been calling under FED and NCAA rules lately, also 2 and 3 man after a little time off, and my mind is a mess. Need some help on a couple of differences, if any. I just moved to Va from Germany and don't have my books yet.

The questions I have involve the differences between HS and NCAA.

1. Where does the ball go after a T? I know HS is MCOT. NCAA(POI)?

2. How about after an intentional foul?

3. A1 gets fouled by B1 and due to an injury on the foul, cannot shoot the free throws. Can his sub shoot for him and can A1 re-enter the game? This happened tonight and my P said he could not and made A1 shoot or leave the game for good.

Thank you for your patience and responses!

Old Thu Feb 16, 2006, 10:40pm
M.A.S.H.

2. Spot nearest to foul.

3. Yes, A1's sub shoots his/her free throws. However, A1 can re-enter the game.

(Fed)
Old Thu Feb 16, 2006, 10:51pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to AZ_REF
After a T:
NFHS = Mid court
NCAA = POI

Intentional:
NFHS + NCAA = Spot closest to the foul

Hurt on a foul:
NFHS + NCAA (i believe) = Sub shoots shots, injured player may reenter after time runs off the clock

The only time an injure player may not come back in an NFHS game is if an official believes they've lost conciousness. At which point a Dr's note is required to get them back in.
Old Fri Feb 17, 2006, 06:51am
Official Forum Member

@thumpferee

Just curious, but where are you located in VA? I'm in northern VA. Seeing as how you just returned from Germany, I assume you're associated with the military. I lived in Germany for 8 years (76-79 & 83-88) when I worked for the Army. I loved living there.
Old Fri Feb 17, 2006, 09:01am
MABO Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AZ_REF
After a T:
NFHS = Mid court
NCAA = POI

Intentional:

Hurt on a foul:
NFHS + NCAA (i believe) = Sub shoots shots, injured player may reenter after time runs off the clock

The only time an injure player may not come back in an NFHS game is if an official believes they've lost conciousness. At which point a Dr's note is required to get them back in.
An injured player may stay in the game if the coach requests and is granted a TO before providing a substitute.

All references/comments are intended for educational purposes. Opinions are free.
Old Fri Feb 17, 2006, 11:21am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to AZ_REF
Quote:
Originally posted by SmokeEater
Quote:
Originally posted by AZ_REF
After a T:
NFHS = Mid court
NCAA = POI

Intentional:

Hurt on a foul:

An injured player may stay in the game if the coach requests and is granted a TO before providing a substitute.
A good point, should read:

Sub shoots shots, injured player may reenter after time runs off the clock, or after a timeout is called by their team.

Now for this situation it would have to happen either before the shots so he would take them anyways or after the second shot was made or his team gained control. I don't think you could allow a sub for the first shot, then call a TO then have your injured player shoot the second. Or could you? Anyone have a rule or case on this one?
Old Fri Feb 17, 2006, 11:23am
MABO Member

The TO has to be requested prior to the substitution or the injured player has to wait until time has run off the clock to re-enter the game. NCAA rule 3-4-14

All references/comments are intended for educational purposes. Opinions are free.
Old Sat Feb 18, 2006, 11:35pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dblref
@thumpferee

Just curious, but where are you located in VA? I'm in northern VA. Seeing as how you just returned from Germany, I assume you're associated with the military. I lived in Germany for 8 years (76-79 & 83-88) when I worked for the Army. I loved living there.

Ft. Eustis area. Just bought a house in NN. Wife is active duty. Germany is nice, and was a great experience for the six years we were there (87-90,2002-2005, but it's good to be home!

Old Sat Feb 18, 2006, 11:51pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by thumpferee

3. A1 gets fouled by B1 and due to an injury on the foul, cannot shoot the free throws. Can his sub shoot for him and can A1 re-enter the game? This happened tonight and my P said he could not and made A1 shoot or leave the game for good.
Your partner watches a few too many NBA games. His ruling only applies in the big leagues.