The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   E.B.O.A. (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/2495-e-b-o.html)

paulis Thu Jun 14, 2001 11:41am

Any referees from the Evergreen Basketball Officials Association (Southwest Washington) out there? I'm curious how the season went up there.

Pauli

rockyroad Thu Jun 14, 2001 12:33pm

Yep...I would be one of them there EBOA'ers...season went pretty well, except for the fact that our ***'t Assignor got fired at the end of the season (very long story)...otherwise, no major problems...had two of our guys do State Championship games (4A Girls and 2A Boys) and two others do semi-finals (2A Girls and 1A Boys)...lots of T's called in the sub-varsity games (some quick triggers from the young guys)...what else would you like to hear about??

DJ Millay

paulis Thu Jun 14, 2001 12:56pm

Hey DJ!

Paul Norris here. Just finished my first year down here in southern California. Rex got fired? What happened? Might want to use my personal e-mail. It is [email protected]

Mark Padgett Thu Jun 14, 2001 04:40pm

Are you guys talking about Rex Bacon (I think that is his name). I'm across the Columbia in Portland and I did a tournament a few years ago for him at the University of Portland. I was told he scheduled at The Hoop in Vancouver, and I was referred to him by the people at The Hoop in Beaverton.

However, when I was contacted by The Hoop in Vancouver this summer, it was some guy named Dave Slorry. I wondered what happened to Rex.

BTW - Juulie Downs (rainmaker) and I worked with a bunch of you from the EBOA during that league. Dave told them he had to bring in some Portland people to show them how to ref. ;)

Actually, I told them we were brought in to make them look good. :)

rockyroad Thu Jun 14, 2001 05:30pm

I met Julie at a camp a few weeks ago...and yes we were talking about Rex. Dave Slorey is the Assignor and handles varsity stuff, and he has an assistant who does everything sub-varsity, rec league, jr. high, etc...long story short - that assistant got himself into some trouble and got fired...and I heard that Slorey was bringing you people over from Portland because you were better looking than all of us over here! :)

Mark Padgett Thu Jun 14, 2001 07:06pm

Quote:

Originally posted by rockyroad
and I heard that Slorey was bringing you people over from Portland because you were better looking than all of us over here! :)
I'm sure you mean all of you put together. ;)

rainmaker Fri Jun 15, 2001 12:24am

Quote:

[B..and I heard that Slorey was bringing you people over from Portland because you were better looking than all of us over here! :) [/B]
I'm sure once we got there, this rumor was laid to rest!!

Mark Padgett Fri Jun 15, 2001 01:12am

Quote:

Originally posted by rainmaker
Quote:

[B..and I heard that Slorey was bringing you people over from Portland because you were better looking than all of us over here! :)
I'm sure once we got there, this rumor was laid to rest!! [/B]
As Pocahontas said, speak for yourself. ;)

bob jenkins Fri Jun 15, 2001 08:44am

Quote:

Originally posted by Mark Padgett

As Pocahontas said, speak for yourself. ;)

I thought Marcel Marceau said that. ;)