The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Feb 12, 2006, 01:15am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Mountaineer Send a message via Yahoo to Mountaineer
OK, maybe a strange question. I use a rolling bag for my game bag like the kind you see airline people hauling around airports. One guy I saw at a tournament had one that had the NFHS logo on it - I have a buddy that has one with the NCAA logo on his. I have searched and searched to find either one of these and can't seem to locate one. I've even tried EBAY.

Does anyone know someplace to find one?
Old Sun Feb 12, 2006, 02:22am
Official Forum Member

Question - what's wrong with your current bag and why do you want one with a logo?
Old Sun Feb 12, 2006, 02:46am
Official Forum Member

Maybe those guys just bought a regular patch and sewed it on themselves...
Old Sun Feb 12, 2006, 12:25pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Many of the guys around here who have "NCAA" on their bags got the logo by working an NCAA tournament game. It's just a stick-on patch. So after the game, they take it off their shirt and put in on the bag.
Old Sun Feb 12, 2006, 10:10pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Mountaineer Send a message via Yahoo to Mountaineer
Nope, nope and nope - these are actual embroidered logos on the bag. The reason for the change is that my bag is nearly 8 years old and it needs retired - since I only use this for officiating, I would like to have one like this. That's all - it's not a huge deal just thought someone on here might have had information that could help.
Old Sun Feb 12, 2006, 10:41pm
M.A.S.H.

They probably had it embroidered on their bag. Most companies will do this for you. Honig's and Between the Lines just to name a few.
Old Mon Feb 13, 2006, 01:49am
Official Forum Member

Hey Mountaineer, I think the simple fact that nobody's ever heard of them being sold indicates that a bag with either the NFHS or NCAA logo does not exist.

Instead of searching for a bag, IMO it might even be cheaper for you to simply buy the patch and have someone sew it on. I don't think you'd notice a huge difference.

I realize that our "look" off the court pre- and post-game is important to us, but an embroidered vs. sewn on patch isn't going to make a huge difference.

Just my two cents...
Old Mon Feb 13, 2006, 04:11pm
Official Forum Member

Lightbulb

I have an NFHS embroidered bag. About 5 or 6 years ago, the NFHS was actively selling officials gear, like Honig's and +POS do now. At the time, I bought $X amount of equipment, and they gave me the choice of the bag or an NFHS embroidered leather briefcase for free. Unfortunately, NFHS is no longer in the officials gear business...they stopped doing this about 4 years ago.