The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   When does everyone's season end? (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/24859-when-does-everyones-season-end.html)

blindzebra Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:40pm

Things are coming to an end here in Arizona, four classifications are in regionals and the top class is in the last week of the regular season.

My partner and I have 4 games left, a regular season game Friday, a boys regional final on Saturday, a girls state quarter final on the 18th, and a boys state semi-final on the 20th.

We are very happy to have a semi in the big arena to cap a rewarding season. Making it even better is 4 officials, that we know very well, are working games that same day in front of us.

It was fun, why did it have to go by so darn fast?

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:08pm

My season normally starts the last week of August when the MichiganHSAA girls' season starts; I call that my Fall Season. My Winter Season consists of the OhioHSAA boys' and girls' season, the MichiganHSAA boys' season, and my men's and women's college schedule. My Winter Season ends with at the end of March with the Ohio Specials Olympics State Championships. My Spring Season starts in April and consists of AAU and YBOA tournament through the end of May. My Summer Season starts in June with college team camps and ends at the end of July with AAU and YBOA Nationals, just in time for me to have a few weeks of before it starts all over again at the end of August.

MTD, Sr.

tjones1 Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:12pm

My season ends on Feb. 17th. At that point it will be time to switch to baseball mode, seems like every year it's hard to switch.

refTN Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:59pm

Mine ended on Nov. 4 when I broke my leg. I will hopefully start back up at the end of Feb. when I have an AAU tournament and progress all the way through the AAU and YBOA Nationals. Maybe I will get a chance to meet you Mr. DeNucci.

JugglingReferee Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:05am

My season usually ends when I leave the visual confines of the playing area of the last game of the season. :D

Seriously now... usually around the end of April. I work a charity tournament to sum up the season. No pay, just good times.

JugglingReferee Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:06am

Quote:

Originally posted by tjones1
...switch to baseball mode...
You ever blow your whistle and bird dog when a player hits the ball foul? :D

JRutledge Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:07am

It depends.

It should end the first week in March unless I get a surprise.

Peace

tjones1 Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:12am

Quote:

Originally posted by JugglingReferee
Quote:

Originally posted by tjones1
...switch to baseball mode...
You ever blow your whistle and bird dog when a player hits the ball foul? :D

Somewhat, I use the electronic whistle instead. ;)

BloggingRefGuy Thu Feb 09, 2006 01:42am

A week from tomorrow. It was a good year for me. No playoffs yet--but soon, I'll have playoffs and a longer season.

dblref Thu Feb 09, 2006 07:27am

Regular season ends tonight (at least for me). District tournaments start on Tuesday. then comes Regionals, then State with everything ending on 3/11/06. Our District schedule isn't out yet.

Nevadaref Thu Feb 09, 2006 07:42am

Feb. 11 ends our regular season. Regionals are the following weekend and State is the weekend after that. Then it's all over for this season. Boy did it go quickly!

ChuckElias Thu Feb 09, 2006 08:20am

My last college game is 2/18 (although I have a doozy tomorrow night). Last HS game is 2/22. That's it unless, as Rut puts it, I get a surprise. One can always hope. . . :)

BktBallRef Thu Feb 09, 2006 08:33am

Regular season ends tomorrow night.

Conference tourneys next week, which has me working M, T, T, & F.

Sectionals are the following week which should include 2 or 3 assignments.

A surprise came in the mail a week ago, so there will be 2 or 3 more after that. 2 for sure, 3 would be great! ;)

Nevadaref Thu Feb 09, 2006 08:43am

Quote:

Originally posted by BktBallRef

A surprise came in the mail a week ago, ...

Those paternity suits would stop if you would just...

Seriously, congrats, you are deserving. :)

Jurassic Referee Thu Feb 09, 2006 08:53am

Quote:

Originally posted by BktBallRef
A surprise came in the mail a week ago, so there will be 2 or 3 more after that. 2 for sure, 3 would be great! ;)
Congratulations, Tony. Two years in a row.