The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Jan 31, 2006, 02:22am
Official Forum Member

Thank you

I've got 2 sons playing ball (7th & 9th grade) plus I film ladies and mens varsity for the local cable tv station, so I get to see plenty of ball (8 games last week!).
I came to this board recently in search of clarification on a couple of rules with which I was unfamiliar.

Needless to say, I got the clarification I came for, but more importantly... after spending a few hours here reading your thoughts on so many aspects of the game, the ideas and philosophies from the other side of the whistles really got to me.

I'm proud to report that other than the requisite cheering tonight, I sat quietly and thoroughly enjoyed the best 2 games of my career as a sports-dad.

Thank you, all of you.
Old Tue Jan 31, 2006, 03:25am
Official Forum Member

Likewise, thanks to YOU for your positive attitude and conducting yourself in the manner that all parents should at youth sporting events.

While the primary purpose of this site to allow officials to exchange thoughts, ask questions, provide answers, and in general improve themselves, if anything that we write here helps in educating parents and coaches about the game and contributes to their being positive role models for the kids, then we as an officiating community are truly doing something right.

Old Wed Feb 01, 2006, 01:42am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to dave30
One person at a time.....maybe we CAN make a difference!