The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Jan 28, 2006, 12:38pm
Official Forum Member

College mens game last night. A31 gets a defensive rebound and is immediately fouled by B3. 1 partner and I close as it is near the end of the game. There is a large group of players in a small area. As we are coming in A31 is trying to extricate himself and in the process delivers a bit of an elbow to B3. Partner and I are willing to overlook this in the context of the situation. As we are separating them A31 reaches over partner and gives B3 a push in the chest. At this point we issue the T. Now is where I need the clarification. Both teams are in the bonus. What we did was shoot the 1-1 for B3's foul with the lane cleared. B shot the technical and we awarded the ball to B at the spot of the foul. I am thinking we are half right, in my mind we should have taken the ball to half court, or we should have gone point of interruption, shot the T then the 1-1....what say the college boys???
Old Sat Jan 28, 2006, 01:07pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to TerpZebra
Quote:
Originally posted by cmathews
College mens game last night. A31 gets a defensive rebound and is immediately fouled by B3. 1 partner and I close as it is near the end of the game. There is a large group of players in a small area. As we are coming in A31 is trying to extricate himself and in the process delivers a bit of an elbow to B3. Partner and I are willing to overlook this in the context of the situation. As we are separating them A31 reaches over partner and gives B3 a push in the chest. At this point we issue the T. Now is where I need the clarification. Both teams are in the bonus. What we did was shoot the 1-1 for B3's foul with the lane cleared. B shot the technical and we awarded the ball to B at the spot of the foul. I am thinking we are half right, in my mind we should have taken the ball to half court, or we should have gone point of interruption, shot the T then the 1-1....what say the college boys???
Shoot the T first. Then line up the boys for the 1-and-1.
Old Sat Jan 28, 2006, 01:46pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Because the ball was dead when the contact occured for the T, this is an intentional technical foul. The penalty is 2 FTs and the ball at midcourt. So you should have allowed A31 to shoot the 1-and-1 for the original personal foul with the lane cleared; then shot 2 FTs for the T; then awarded the ball to team B at midcourt.

Like you said, you got it half-right. Next time, you'll nail it.
Old Sat Jan 28, 2006, 06:43pm
Official Forum Member

thanks chuck

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Because the ball was dead when the contact occured for the T, this is an intentional technical foul. The penalty is 2 FTs and the ball at midcourt. So you should have allowed A31 to shoot the 1-and-1 for the original personal foul with the lane cleared; then shot 2 FTs for the T; then awarded the ball to team B at midcourt.

Like you said, you got it half-right. Next time, you'll nail it.
Chuck,
Thanks, that is what I thought I read on here the day before after the Duke game. Yep we will nail it next time..