The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Fastest game (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/24441-fastest-game.html)

refnrev Mon Jan 23, 2006 02:58pm

Last Thursday boys Frosh game. Home team had 6 players and visitors 5. Toss the ball about 6:03. 10 minute halftime. At 6:55 I'd already changed shoes visited with my partner a little, was out the door, and was in my truck headed home. Had to be the fastest game I've ever done and we were in the bonus in the 4th quarter with home fouling on last possessions trying to stay in game. Anyone with a shorter game?

ncump7 Mon Jan 23, 2006 07:41pm

Fast game

I had a JV boys game last week with 8 minute quarters and a 10 minute half that took 1 hour and 5 minutes. I thought that was pretty quick.

CA BBall Ref Mon Jan 23, 2006 08:21pm

7th - 8th Grade boys tournament. 2:55 Minutes into the game player A makes a steal and heads for an uncontested layup.
Player B from behind launches the airborne shooter into the wall. Player A collapses bleeding and with a blown out ankle. Before he hit the ground I signaled intentional and tossed player B. Player A coach who was his father comes running out onto the floor to get at player B, WHACK. Player B coach who was the players father comes running onto the floor at coach A, WHACK. Coach A goes after coach B and coach B goes after coach A, DOUBLE WHACK and bye bye both coaches. Everthing calms down and we shoot the intentional & technical shots. Assistant coach B looks at me as I was getting ready to inbound to resume play and says "YOU AND YOUR PARTNER SUCK!" WHACK #3 on team B and game is over as per tourney rules for 3 Tee's. 5:05 left in the first quarter and 12 minutes after the game started. Fastest game I have ever seen or been involved in by far.

Adam Mon Jan 23, 2006 08:26pm

Sounds like Robin was scared to drive the Batmobile.

26 Year Gap Mon Jan 23, 2006 09:45pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Snaqwells
Sounds like Robin was scared to drive the Batmobile.
:D

GregSchumacher Tue Jan 24, 2006 02:14am

Fastest Game

I had a game this year. Start time 6:00. With intros and Anthem we probably got started around 6:07. 10 minute half-time. Partner and I both changed and in the car heading home 7:00. Varsity game....score 98-3. It wasn't that close either.

Nevadaref Tue Jan 24, 2006 03:44am

Quote:

Originally posted by CA BBall Ref
7th - 8th Grade boys tournament. 2:55 Minutes into the game player A makes a steal and heads for an uncontested layup.
Player B from behind launches the airborne shooter into the wall. Player A collapses bleeding and with a blown out ankle. Before he hit the ground <font color = red>I signaled intentional and tossed player B</font>. Player A coach who was his father comes running out onto the floor to get at player B, WHACK. Player B coach who was the players father comes running onto the floor at coach A, WHACK. Coach A goes after coach B and coach B goes after coach A, DOUBLE WHACK and bye bye both coaches. Everthing calms down and we shoot the intentional & technical shots. Assistant coach B looks at me as I was getting ready to inbound to resume play and says "YOU AND YOUR PARTNER SUCK!" WHACK #3 on team B and game is over as per tourney rules for 3 Tee's. 5:05 left in the first quarter and 12 minutes after the game started. Fastest game I have ever seen or been involved in by far.

Why did you give the signal for an intentional personal foul when you obviously called a flagrant personal foul since you disqualified the player?

Sounds like a great call, but consider refining your mechanics.

ChuckElias Tue Jan 24, 2006 08:47am

The problem, as you know Nevada, is that there is no signal for a flagrant foul. So either you give the hard foul signal and then report the player as ejected, or you simply give a fist and "heave, ho" at the spot. I personally don't like the "heave, ho" at the spot.

crazy voyager Tue Jan 24, 2006 08:58am

why don't do the hockey way and simply point to the door :d becusde FIBA HAS an Disqualifing foul sign (two fists straight up) ;) :p

SmokeEater Tue Jan 24, 2006 09:31am

I like the FIBA signal. No question about what is happening. Flagrant Foul and the player is disqualified, 2 fists straight up in the air.

ChrisSportsFan Tue Jan 24, 2006 09:54am

Quote:

Originally posted by CA BBall Ref
Player B from behind launches the airborne shooter into the wall. Player A collapses bleeding and with a blown out ankle. Before he hit the ground I signaled intentional and tossed player B. Player A coach who was his father comes running out onto the floor to get at player B, WHACK. Player B coach who was the players father comes running onto the floor at coach A, WHACK. Coach A goes after coach B and coach B goes after coach A, DOUBLE WHACK and bye bye both coaches. Everthing calms down and we shoot the intentional & technical shots. Assistant coach B looks at me as I was getting ready to inbound to resume play and says "YOU AND YOUR PARTNER SUCK!" WHACK #3 on team B and game is over as per tourney rules for 3 Tee's. 5:05 left in the first quarter and 12 minutes after the game started. Fastest game I have ever seen or been involved in by far.

That's about as fast a game as I've heard of. :)

Indy_Ref Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:50am

55 minutes

Had a boys' varsity game 2 years ago that lasted 55 minutes. This was my second game of the year at this same place. The first one lasted 1:05. Before the game, the AD says, "You got me outta here early last game! Do you think you can do it again?"

Game started @ 7:35...and we entered the locker room @ 8:30!...8-minute quarters & 10-minute halftime.

crazy voyager Tue Jan 24, 2006 02:54pm

one thing I really like with FIBA is our signals, you see right away what they're for, we've got just enough (maybe we could use a delayed vilation signal though, that could be the NBA player control foul, I hate that signal :p the FIBA straight fist looks a lot better to me, and that's your lane violation lol)
We need to adpopt some of the US rules though, but I don't think I can force that through :( but who knows

And my shortest game was, erhm, can't remember :p but I have never had something extreme

CA BBall Ref Tue Jan 24, 2006 07:01pm

After giving my prliminary signal on the floor I immediately also gave a secondary "Tossed" signal. There was no doubt as to what my call was on the floor. Unfortunatley no one was cared what I called it was just crazy dad/coaches getting after it. A very unfortunate event. Team B had driven 8 hours to be at this tourney and it was single elimination.