The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Coaching Box Priveleges (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/24419-coaching-box-priveleges.html)

Teigan Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:21am

I've read on this forum that if you whack a coach they have to stay seated for the remainder of the game. We use NCAA Men's Rules, and I was wondering if that is the same way as NFHS. Or, if they can continue to stand after a "t" in NCAA rules. If they can't where does it say this in the book.

BktBallRef Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:22am

NFHS - he has to sit.

NCAA - no such rule.

Teigan Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:24am

and in FIBA :) ????

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:35am

Quote:

Originally posted by Teigan

FIBA is the same as NCAA Men's/Women's and NBA/WNBA.

MTD, Sr.

BktBallRef Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:38am

Quote:

Who cares?

Teigan Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:43am

well across canada next year all high schools, colleges, and universities are going to the FIBA rules. they say it will "unify us on the national level", as across the country were all using different rules, NFHS, NCAA, FIBA, b-asta-rdizations of all these rules.....so thats why i thought i'd ask :D

Snake~eyes Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:47am

Quote:

They can stand, but only on one foot.

runningwild Tue Jan 24, 2006 05:53pm

FIBA

Mark T, Were can a guy get a copy of the fiba rules, as they differ from High School???

JugglingReferee Tue Jan 24, 2006 06:15pm

Quote:

well across canada next year all high schools, colleges, and universities are going to the FIBA rules. they say it will "unify us on the national level", as across the country were all using different rules, NFHS, NCAA, FIBA, b-asta-rdizations of all these rules.....so thats why i thought i'd ask :D
How true is this? Is it just a pipe dream, or is it in actual talks with Basketball Canada and are provinces taking it seriously?

Teigan Tue Jan 24, 2006 06:42pm

its past talks......basketball Canada will provide cash incentives to assist provincial associations in the rules switch. It is going to happen the ACAC and the CIS levels have already voted in favor of it. The high schools are expected to follow, it is very very doubtful that they wont. The official word is that across Canada next season we will be switching to FIBA!!!

JugglingReferee Tue Jan 24, 2006 07:07pm

If true, the 2 years I spent at the CABO camp will serve a purpose. It sure wasn't worth anything at the time.

Except for Mr. M. L from Quebec. He was good. Actually, he was amazing.

Teigan Tue Jan 24, 2006 08:39pm

Who do I talk to, to go to CABO Camp!!

WhistlesAndStripes Tue Jan 24, 2006 08:48pm

Quote:

Who do I talk to, to go to CABO Camp!!
Get a permission slip and take it home to have mommy sign it. :D

Teigan Tue Jan 24, 2006 08:51pm

cute.......anybody else other then mommy, who could tell me who to talk to.