The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Tag team (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/24412-tag-team.html)

26 Year Gap Sun Jan 22, 2006 03:37pm

Pre-game: 2 co-coaches. I ask who will be the head coach today and let them know that he has the standing and coaching box privileges. With 1:02 left in a 15 point game, the coach [whose team is leading] gets whacked by my partner. I go to advise him that he will need to remain seated for the final minute of the game. His partner then asks, "Is it okay for me to stand?"

tjones1 Sun Jan 22, 2006 04:43pm

Quote:

Originally posted by 26 Year Gap
Pre-game: 2 co-coaches. I ask who will be the head coach today and let them know that he has the standing and coaching box privileges. With 1:02 left in a 15 point game, the coach [whose team is leading] gets whacked by my partner. I go to advise him that he will need to remain seated for the final minute of the game. His partner then asks, "Is it okay for me to stand?"
Did you tell him yes, if he wanted a technical foul? :)

26 Year Gap Sun Jan 22, 2006 05:12pm

Quote:

Originally posted by tjones1
Quote:

You mean after my jaw dropped?

tjones1 Sun Jan 22, 2006 05:15pm

Quote:

Quote:

Originally posted by tjones1
Quote:

You mean after my jaw dropped?

Ha Ha, good point!

Ref Daddy Sun Jan 22, 2006 05:29pm

Quote:

Girls JV this weekend. One of those heavy momentum swing games made up of ten + poinnt runs by each team. Darn - can those type events be a handful.

During a particularily brutal phase team A just went to sleep. Team B was swatting every Team A shot, pass, rebound anything anywhere they wanted. Wide open layups on their end.

Coach A stands and yells so the whole gym hears: "It is an absolute impossibility that they are blocking every one of our shots!!" "Call something".

Right them a weak Team A pass to interior is swatted away and off we go the other way. Layup.

She continue her loud assumptive argument: "This is impossible. It cannot be happening. They have to be fouling us somewhere".

Anybody know the rule she was referencing?

26 Year Gap Sun Jan 22, 2006 05:39pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Ref Daddy
Quote:

Girls JV this weekend. One of those heavy momentum swing games made up of ten + poinnt runs by each team. Darn - can those type events be a handful.

During a particularily brutal phase team A just went to sleep. Team B was swatting every Team A shot, pass, rebound anything anywhere they wanted. Wide open layups on their end.

Coach A stands and yells so the whole gym hears: "It is an absolute impossibility that they are blocking every one of our shots!!" "Call something".

Right them a weak Team A pass to interior is swatted away and off we go the other way. Layup.

She continue her loud assumptive argument: "This is impossible. It cannot be happening. They have to be fouling us somewhere".

Anybody know the rule she was referencing?

4-19-5?

BktBallRef Sun Jan 22, 2006 09:05pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Ref Daddy
That's too easy. Why wasn't there a T? :(

Snake~eyes Sun Jan 22, 2006 09:39pm

I usually try to give the coach what he wants when they say things like:

"Call something."
"Where's the foul?"
"Can we get a foul call?"
"Blow your whistle"

ChrisSportsFan Sun Jan 22, 2006 09:51pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Snake~eyes
I usually try to give the coach what he wants when they say things like:

"Call something."