The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Jan 23, 2006, 06:55pm
Official Forum Member

Actually I'm 20 now but who's counting. You are right I am not in the SEC developmental program anymore, because right now there pretty much isn't one. But you know what I am damn good at officiating and am not afraid to admit it or even tell you that. I have some of the greatest people in the world teaching me and I am just going to get better and better every day.

You know there is a lot put on this whole reffing a REGULAR SEASON GAME stuff. It is just a bunch of BS. I have reffed 20 times better players than that which are in high school and have had to deal with coaches ten times worse than the ones in high school. I will be perfectly content if I never have to ref a high school game in my life. I wish you would tell me though what it is like to ref HS basketball. No i mean a REGULAR SEASON high school basketball game. I've had the high school part just not the regular season part on the front of it.

I can say this jurassic. I think if we lived around each other we would truly like each other. I love to instigate and argue as do you. We are both on opposite ends of the spectrum(you are done with ball and I am just getting started) but I think even though we have all kinds of arguments at the end of the day you think I am a know it all young, wannabe NBA ref and you are an old old vet who probably does know it all. I am a socrates fan. If you have ever read any of his stuff. He instigates and argues a point just so there can be an argument and not only so he can learn from, but so that others can benefit from it as well. That is all that is going on here. Not so much on this post as others we have had. This one is just name calling. I am going to put this one aside and find one I can really argue with you about so that it makes us both smarter and wiser about the game.

Jurassic I would also love to know where you live just so I can come to a camp nearby and you could come down to talk to me and watch me work cause no one can every explain a situation or show how they would ref a certain play, you need to be able to see it. I would enjoy it. Tell me if there are any camps in your area and I will sign up.
Old Mon Jan 23, 2006, 07:02pm
Official Forum Member

Cool

WOW!! I just re-read RefTN's 1st and 2nd post on this thread. He wants the kids to play at the NBA level right out of grammar school!! Lets keep working on him, maybe we can bring him back down to earth and real basketball.
Workig Hard
Old Mon Jan 23, 2006, 07:20pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by refTN

You know there is a lot put on this whole reffing a REGULAR SEASON GAME stuff. It is just a bunch of BS. I have reffed 20 times better players than that which are in high school and have had to deal with coaches ten times worse than the ones in high school. I will be perfectly content if I never have to ref a high school game in my life.
You really have very little respect for high school officials, do you?

Are the high school officals in your local association in TN overall really not that dedicated or competent?
Old Mon Jan 23, 2006, 07:31pm
Official Forum Member

No they are not. Reffing HS is just not my cup of tea. I like my assignor and almost all the guys, I just don't mind doing HS basketball.
Old Mon Jan 23, 2006, 11:18pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by refTN
I am going to put this one aside and find one I can really argue with you about so that it makes us both smarter and wiser about the game.
Your kind of "arguing" is just irrelevant and meaningless drivel. What is said on this board is supposed to be about high school ball, I mean REGULAR SEASON HIGH SCHOOL BALL. What you post has little or nothing to teach a high school official, because it's all about what's great about the NBA, and most of it is wrong for high school ball. How is that helping "make people smarter and wiser about the game"?