The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Jan 21, 2006, 12:37am
Official Forum Member

Had the frosh/JV girls Dh tonight. The teams were brutal, the fans were brutal, the scores were brutal, my partner was brutal and I was brutal.

Frosh game we called 52 fouls. This was after we agreed it had to be 1st degree assault or we would no call it. JV game grand total of 62 fouls. both games hit the mercy rule and the varsity game still started over an hour late.

I had a pretty good attitude about it but man talk about feeling frustrated and discombobulated. We tried talking them out of fouls, we tried pleading, we tried bribery-nothing worked. LOL Both teams were established programs so they had LOOOOng benches full of subs.

I am glad it is over.

My favorite fan scream of the night. "Blow the whistle ref" I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when i heard that. I usually stay and watch the Varsity refs but I was so over basketball and i just left.

Rant and rave off......

Old Sat Jan 21, 2006, 01:10am
In Memoriam

In the immortal words of that famous D1 official from the .....wait for it....SEC, Larry the Cable Guy....

Git-R-Done
Old Sat Jan 21, 2006, 03:14am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by Chess Ref
We tried talking them out of fouls, we tried pleading, we tried bribery-nothing worked. LOL
I'd be curious to know what kind of bribery you tried...
Old Sat Jan 21, 2006, 11:27am
Official Forum Member

I have had two games like that this year. There is a team here on the girls side that would give two or three of the boys teams a run for their money. I had them twice against two teams that couldn't beat a good jr. high team. Anyway, the good team presses from start to finish. The coach doesn't care either. I would like to tell him to pull off the press but I am only there to call the fouls... SO I DO! When I was done with these games, I felt like you... enough is enough... I am just going to go home!