The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   travel or not? (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/24320-travel-not.html)

yankeesfan Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:59pm

A5 shoots a jump shot from 3 point range and see's it is real short and runs and catches his own shot. is that a travel or not? it was a deffinetly a shot attempt.

fonzzy07 Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:13pm

Hey i have been known to be wrong. But I do believe that if the ref ruled it to be a shot it is okay. Seems just like if he shoots it off the backboard and gets it back. That is as long as it is a shot. Please correct me if i am wrong

Snake~eyes Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:14pm

Quote:

Originally posted by yankeesfan
A5 shoots a jump shot from 3 point range and see's it is real short and runs and catches his own shot. is that a travel or not? it was a deffinetly a shot attempt.
No travel. Team control ends on a shot, anyone can get the ball.

Junker Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:15pm

As long as it is a legitimate shot attempt, it is nothing. Play on.

Nevadaref Thu Jan 19, 2006 01:32am

Just check the case book

Quote:

4.44 SITUATION B: A1 attempts a try after ending the dribble. The try does not touch the backboard, the rim or any other player. A1 runs and is able to catch the ball before it strikes the floor. Is this traveling? RULING: No. When A1 recovered his/her own try, A1 could either dribble, pass or try again. There was no team control after the ball was released on a try. (4-12; 4-41)

IREFU2 Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:02am

Quote:

Not a travel. It was an attempted shot, therefore he can go get it.

OldCoachNewRef Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:02pm

Travel

Doesn't Yankeesfan owe somebody some money? Isn't it $5.00 for this question? I have seen this question raised at least 10 times on the forums.

yankeesfan Thu Jan 19, 2006 01:55pm

Re: Travel

Quote:

Originally posted by OldCoachNewRef
Doesn't Yankeesfan owe somebody some money? Isn't it $5.00 for this question? I have seen this question raised at least 10 times on the forums.
i knew the answer, a friend of mine did not believe me. thank you. do you want the $5.00.

Junker Thu Jan 19, 2006 02:00pm

Make your friend pay. Is that $5 to each of us that replied?

yankeesfan Thu Jan 19, 2006 02:02pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Junker
Make your friend pay. Is that $5 to each of us that replied?
ok, send me your address.

Nevadaref Thu Jan 19, 2006 02:05pm

Actually the money goes in to a fund for Padgett's fishnets. :) His current pair is looking rather ragged, so you need to send it to him quickly.