The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Off topic - Hail to the .... (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/24227-off-topic-hail.html)

tomegun Sat Jan 14, 2006 07:33pm

Let me tell you guys, as someone who was forced to move to the DC area I'm about to be very, VERY happy. You have to live here to understand how much these fans thought they were going to the SB. Of course, anything can happen in 1 minute, but I hope not.

I had a game in the Catholic league today that they changed from 7pm to 2pm so people could watch the game. At least it allowed me to be home early for one of the few days in January.

ChuckElias Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:06am

A 7pm HS game on a Saturday night?!?! Blech. Who made that schedule? :(

Course it beats my 9pm game HS tonight (Sunday). With the ice and snow last night, the early games will start late, I'm sure. I'll be lucky to take the floor before 10:30.

dblref Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:43am

I had a 5:00 pm and 6:15 pm boys 18 doubleheader. My son is a die-hard Skins fan and I am die-hard Cowboys. He wanted to know why I was doing BB and not watching THE GAME! Told him that the Seahawks would win and it wasn't worth watching (just to pick at him). One of the coaches had a portable radio tuned in to the game. I told him that if the Skins were winning, the radio had to be turned off.:D Fourtunately for him, the Skins never had the lead. All I heard in the office last week was "Skins going to Super Bowl"...fat chance of that.

26 Year Gap Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:45am

Quote:

Originally posted by dblref
I had a 5:00 pm and 6:15 pm boys 18 doubleheader. My son is a die-hard Skins fan and I am die-hard Cowboys. He wanted to know why I was doing BB and not watching THE GAME! Told him that the Seahawks would win and it wasn't worth watching (just to pick at him). One of the coaches had a portable radio tuned in to the game. I told him that if the Skins were winning, the radio had to be turned off.:D Fourtunately for him, the Skins never had the lead. All I heard in the office last week was "Skins going to Super Bowl"...fat chance of that.

They got further than the Cowboys, though. :D

BktBallRef Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:09pm

Quote:

Originally posted by ChuckElias
A 7pm HS game on a Saturday night?!?! Blech. Who made that schedule? :(

Course it beats my 9pm game HS tonight (Sunday). With the ice and snow last night, the early games will start late, I'm sure. I'll be lucky to take the floor before 10:30.

Saturday games? Sunday games?

Blech!

ChuckElias Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:23pm

Quote:

Originally posted by BktBallRef
Saturday games? Sunday games?

Blech!

I agree, blech. But it's the Hall of Fame tourney.

26 Year Gap Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:24pm

No Sunday games here, but Saturday games are fairly common, though most are afternoon contests. It remains a good option for makeup games that are cancelled due to weather.

BearBoy Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:30pm

I was impressed with Washington's football team this season!

I wish at some point in their return to glory that the ownership will see fit to consider changing the team mascot/nickname.....sooner than later. What a way to insult and demean an ethnic group with the most derogatory "nickname" a team could continue to use.

JMHO

26 Year Gap Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:33pm

A fine 11-6 campaign for the Bears.

tomegun Sun Jan 15, 2006 07:58pm

Yeah, the Catholic league plays anytime they want to. I have a game next Sunday at 4:30pm. Since the Skins are done (yes) they will probably keep it at that time.

I had a close JC game today, if you call a 79 point blow-out close! I have a long trip tomorrow, which just got longer since one of the officials - who I was going to meet and ride part of the way with - isn't on the game anymore. The change as just made today so I hope he is OK.

Jurassic Referee Sun Jan 15, 2006 08:27pm

Quote:

Originally posted by 26 Year Gap
A fine 11-6 campaign for the Bears.
Chicago Bears
http://www.smiling-faces.com/smilies/tombstone.gif
2005-2006

rockyroad Sun Jan 15, 2006 08:41pm

Alright...finally a football thread. no more stupid Mariners - now I can brag on the Seahawks!! And I am glad we shut the Skins fans up - without the MVP even playing much..."No defense in Seattle", huh??? HA! Bring on them Panthers...uhmmm, I think anyway!

M&M Guy Sun Jan 15, 2006 08:46pm

At least 'da Bears lasted longer than some other east coast teams...

NY Giants
NY Jets
http://www.smiling-faces.com/smilies/tombstone.gif

BktBallRef Sun Jan 15, 2006 09:22pm

Quote:

Originally posted by rockyroad
Alright...finally a football thread. no more stupid Mariners - now I can brag on the Seahawks!! And I am glad we shut the Skins fans up - without the MVP even playing much..."No defense in Seattle", huh??? HA! Bring on them Panthers...uhmmm, I think anyway!
LOL! You don't need a defense against the Redskins, DJ. They had 120 yards total offense last week! :D

MdSooner Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:43pm

tomegun....

--------------------
tomegun Let me tell you guys, as someone who was forced to move to the DC area I'm about to be very, VERY happy. You have to live here to understand how much these fans thought they were going to the SB. Of course, anything can happen in 1 minute, but I hope not.

I had a game in the Catholic league today that they changed from 7pm to 2pm so people could watch the game. At least it allowed me to be home early for one of the few days in January.
----------------------------------

are you in board 12?

just curious

MdSooner