The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Jan 11, 2006, 08:53am
Official Forum Member

Womens College Game - Close game

Team B shoots a shot and there is rebounding action. A2 (center) runs into A1 (point guard) and A1 falls to the ground. A3 gets rebound and throws it to half court where the ball is batted around and B1 gets possession. B1 got possession in front of all the players from Team A and had a wide open layup. A2 is laying directly under the basket in pain. The problem is do you stop a wide open layup because of the possibility of B1 landing on A1 or do you let the play continue and then blow it dead?
Old Wed Jan 11, 2006, 08:56am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to IREFU2 Send a message via Yahoo to IREFU2
Quote:
Originally posted by All_Heart
Womens College Game - Close game

Team B shoots a shot and there is rebounding action. A2 (center) runs into A1 (point guard) and A1 falls to the ground. A3 gets rebound and throws it to half court where the ball is batted around and B1 gets possession. B1 got possession in front of all the players from Team A and had a wide open layup. A2 is laying directly under the basket in pain. The problem is do you stop a wide open layup because of the possibility of B1 landing on A1 or do you let the play continue and then blow it dead?
I have had this happen to me and I didnt blow the whistle to stop the play. I waited until the team scored and the ball was dead.
Old Wed Jan 11, 2006, 09:05am
MABO Member

Am I am reading this wrong? They have a wide open lay up yet A is under the basket B is shooting at.

Regardless, I have waited for B to score or pull back to set up before blowing this down. Exception is if bones are sticking out or head injuries (just exagerated examples).

All references/comments are intended for educational purposes. Opinions are free.