The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Jan 09, 2006, 01:31pm
Official Forum Member

Wondering if anyone else saw this and if an explination ever came out. With 3.5 seconds to go in the first half #45 Wisconsin appears to foul #20 MSU. Immediatly there is a whistle that ultimatly is announced as inadventant. Ted Hillary, Donnee Gray and Ted Valentine did the game-not exactly first year officials. Anyone hear what happened?
Old Mon Jan 09, 2006, 01:35pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally posted by twref
Wondering if anyone else saw this and if an explination ever came out. With 3.5 seconds to go in the first half #45 Wisconsin appears to foul #20 MSU. Immediatly there is a whistle that ultimatly is announced as inadventant. Ted Hillary, Donnee Gray and Ted Valentine did the game-not exactly first year officials. Anyone hear what happened?
I was at the game.

The shot clock appeared to run out -- it appeared as though a whistle was blown for a shot clock violation, but the shot actually hit the front of the rim. It was a loose ball, so they went to the arrow.
Old Mon Jan 09, 2006, 01:40pm
Official Forum Member

Wow how often do you get an eye witness account of a play from someone that was there only 4 minutes after you post the question.
Old Mon Jan 09, 2006, 01:53pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Rich Fronheiser
Quote:
I was at the game.

The shot clock appeared to run out -- it appeared as though a whistle was blown for a shot clock violation, but the shot actually hit the front of the rim. It was a loose ball, so they went to the arrow.
They did explain it on TV that it was ruled an inadvertent whistle and they went to the AP since no one had control.

Maybe it was the Bo Ryan death stare that caused it. Man he appears to be brutal on officials when I watch them on tv.
Old Mon Jan 09, 2006, 02:25pm
Official Forum Member

Television angles are always difficult but it seemed like the ball easily hit the rim. I guess once I've done an NCAA tournament game I can judge them.
Old Mon Jan 09, 2006, 02:40pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally posted by All_Heart
Wow how often do you get an eye witness account of a play from someone that was there only 4 minutes after you post the question.
The beauty of the Internet....
Old Mon Jan 09, 2006, 02:41pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Television angles are always difficult but it seemed like the ball easily hit the rim. I guess once I've done an NCAA tournament game I can judge them.
That's the only reason I can see for the IW. The shot clock was about 3 seconds different from the game clock, too.
Old Mon Jan 09, 2006, 02:46pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by Rich Fronheiser
Quote:
Originally posted by All_Heart
The beauty of the Internet....
Yeah, that's a pretty cool report from a real person.
mick
Old Mon Jan 09, 2006, 03:16pm
Official Forum Member

I was going to post about this earlier, but was busy. I sort of caught it (I was doing laundry on my one day at home during the week). It was kind of a goofy play because the shot clock was down and there was a bunch of contact on a rebound. I can't remember seeing an IW in any other DI game.