The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Jan 06, 2006, 11:57pm
Official Forum Member

I am the lead in a two-man. Shot goes up from the corner to my left. On the rebound, my partner calls a foul on A20 who slammed into B14 who had the ball by then. As we go to the other end the B head coach goes off on me. "How come you didn't call that, it was right in front of you??" Whack! I've never had a coach go off on me for a call that went his way. My partner explained to him that I had the shot and follow through and he had the weak-side rebound. Thing is, the B team was in the middle of a mild comeback from 8 points down to tie with the bonus. A goes to the other end and hits both and then gets the ball. Way to stop momentum. Coaches amaze me sometimes.
Old Sat Jan 07, 2006, 04:03am
Official Forum Member

He must have said it with some exaggerated animation because I don't see anything in those words worthy of a T.
Old Sat Jan 07, 2006, 05:36am
Official Forum Member

Yah..Im curious as to that also.... Is that the first time something like that has been said to you, or was there another aggravating factor?
Old Sat Jan 07, 2006, 10:03am
Official Forum Member

Of all the "topics" coach's can drum up to toss at a referee I do find those that question mechanics and court coverage most interesting ... and generally acceptable to me.

I prefer those type much more than comments on "favoritism", "poor eye-sight", "competence", "ignorance", etc., etc., etc.

Old Sat Jan 07, 2006, 10:54am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Camron Rust
He must have said it with some exaggerated animation because I don't see anything in those words worthy of a T.
I spared you the histrionics and the fact that this was not the first time that he jumped off the bench to scream at us. When a coach jumps up and screams in your ear from about 3 feet away, he is over the line. As in most posts here, you can't tell what happened unless you saw it in person.
Old Sat Jan 07, 2006, 01:42pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Forksref
Quote:
Originally posted by Camron Rust
I spared you the histrionics and the fact that this was not the first time that he jumped off the bench to scream at us. When a coach jumps up and screams in your ear from about 3 feet away, he is over the line. As in most posts here, you can't tell what happened unless you saw it in person.
That's why I asked....it was not a question of being there in person, you post gave no indication that he did anything more than ask you a pretty tame question.