Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Jan 02, 2006, 10:26pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tomegun
Zebraman,

I'm not bing cynical, just being real (with a realistic viewpoint of how things in life are). Did I say something that isn't true? There are many people who have voiced a disdain for anything dealing with the NBA. Whatever the commissioner tells them to do,they do, and for a rookie salary of more than 100k I would too. That doesn't change the fact that they are still the best officials in the world. Whether a "buzzword" or a new mechanic, I think we should take advantage of ANYTHING to make the game better. One HUGE element of making the game better is taking the responsibility to be an example for younger officials. How can I (we) do that if I don't want to do the same for someone at a higher level?
I wasn't talking about what you said about NBA refs. I think NBA refs are the best. I just didn't understand why you took a shot at college refs when you said, "college officials who jump around and make officials all over the world look like fools!" Where did that come from?

Z
Old Mon Jan 02, 2006, 10:45pm
Do not give a damn!!

Wink The typical internet officials speaks once again.

Quote:
Originally posted by zebraman

Rut,

You are non-existent on this board. You have alienated just about everyone on this board at one time or another. Does it ever enter your mind of why so many posts end with one of your posts? It's because most of us just ignore most of your blather.
Who are these people that do not respond to what I say? I get responses all the time on this board and by people that come to all the boards I frequent. I might get responses by you (and were very quick to respond to this thread I see) and a couple of people that I personally do not care for, but to say that I am non-exsistent is not only wishful thinking on your part but a flat out lie. Now do not flatter yourself and the other internet officials that come here. I am not going around responding to every person that comes here and I can say with confidence I almost never respond to a few people but that is because I have deemed their points of view as usless. But I do not come here and try to make those people public or care to.

Quote:
I have no axe to grind nor am I bitter.... I just don't agree with many of your senseless and mindless diatribes. I have agreed with you occasionally when you have put a decent argument together and used sentences that actually make sense.

Z
I do not know what being bitter had to do with this conversation. Other than you trying to play sotto psychiatrist and tell everyone why they post, no one here is bitter. Tommy was making a joke about something that is not only true, but many posters wear with a badge of honor. Every time someone says something about the NBA, you would think the “wanna be elite” of this board tries to shoot down anything about it. Or at the very least tell everyone how much they do not like the NBA. Now I am not the biggest NBA fan, but I know I can learn a lot more about officiating from people that are from the NBA than the likes of someone like you that has only worked a State final (in girls at that). Juulie had to tell you a few weeks ago to just shut up when I was giving my personal opinion. My comments were not directed at you or anything that dealt directly with you. But as usually you think your **** does not stink and I had to be subjected to your whining because I said something that might not apply to the basketball Mecca that you deal with in your neck of the woods. At least when I see you or anyone post something, I realize that everything being said does not apply to me. You on the other hand want to talk about being bitter but you are the first one to say something when it does not jive with your personal feelings. You are just an internet officials and that is all you will ever be to me.

Tommy must have struck a nerve, you came calling as predicted. Tommy has a right to feel that way and so do you. But that does not mean he is bitter or has a problem to say it. If you did not like what was said, why do you have to make a personal attack when you were no where to be found in this post before his comments?

Peace
Old Mon Jan 02, 2006, 10:55pm
Official Forum Member

Re: The typical internet officials speaks once again.

Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
Quote:

Rut,

You are non-existent on this board. You have alienated just about everyone on this board at one time or another. Does it ever enter your mind of why so many posts end with one of your posts? It's because most of us just ignore most of your blather.
Who are these people that do not respond to what I say? I get responses all the time on this board and by people that come to all the boards I frequent. I might get responses by you (and were very quick to respond to this thread I see) and a couple of people that I personally do not care for, but to say that I am non-exsistent is not only wishful thinking on your part but a flat out lie. Now do not flatter yourself and the other internet officials that come here. I am not going around responding to every person that comes here and I can say with confidence I almost never respond to a few people but that is because I have deemed their points of view as usless. But I do not come here and try to make those people public or care to.

Quote:
I have no axe to grind nor am I bitter.... I just don't agree with many of your senseless and mindless diatribes. I have agreed with you occasionally when you have put a decent argument together and used sentences that actually make sense.

Z
I do not know what being bitter had to do with this conversation. Other than you trying to play sotto psychiatrist and tell everyone why they post, no one here is bitter. Tommy was making a joke about something that is not only true, but many posters wear with a badge of honor. Every time someone says something about the NBA, you would think the “wanna be elite” of this board tries to shoot down anything about it. Or at the very least tell everyone how much they do not like the NBA. Now I am not the biggest NBA fan, but I know I can learn a lot more about officiating from people that are from the NBA than the likes of someone like you that has only worked a State final (in girls at that). Juulie had to tell you a few weeks ago to just shut up when I was giving my personal opinion. My comments were not directed at you or anything that dealt directly with you. But as usually you think your **** does not stink and I had to be subjected to your whining because I said something that might not apply to the basketball Mecca that you deal with in your neck of the woods. At least when I see you or anyone post something, I realize that everything being said does not apply to me. You on the other hand want to talk about being bitter but you are the first one to say something when it does not jive with your personal feelings. You are just an internet officials and that is all you will ever be to me.

Tommy must have struck a nerve, you came calling as predicted. Tommy has a right to feel that way and so do you. But that does not mean he is bitter or has a problem to say it. If you did not like what was said, why do you have to make a personal attack when you were no where to be found in this post before his comments?

Peace
blah, blah, blah........more senseless long-winded diatribes.

Z
Old Tue Jan 03, 2006, 12:24am
Huck Finn

Quote:
I wasn't talking about what you said about NBA refs. I think NBA refs are the best. I just didn't understand why you took a shot at college refs when you said, "college officials who jump around and make officials all over the world look like fools!" Where did that come from?

Z
It comes from the truth. I don't have an axe to grind about officials. I just think it is funny to NOT listen to the best officials in the world but listen to officials that aren't mechanically sound. Personally, I would listen to just about anyone and throw away that which doesn't apply to me. There is far too many arguments on this board because of someone's personal opinion. I will constantly get jumped on but I will continue to say some people on here carry influence based on things other than personal contact. I think that is very shallow or should I say those influenced are gullable. Chest thumping with a keyboard is nothing to me; if I'm involved in a game as the R, U1 or U2, I have one objective: do the best job possible. Any information I can use to get there is obviously a no-brainer. So the choice is use some information, new or re-branded, from someone who makes a living at this or listen to someone who jumps around like a court jester on Saturdays because a coach feels comfortable with him. Is that a hard decision to make? I would like to think I'm a little smarter than that. It is that same old thing. We are probably smarter than the previous generation and the next generation will be smarter than us. Why not just act accordingly and don't BS the younger officials.

[Edited by tomegun on Jan 3rd, 2006 at 12:27 AM]
Old Tue Jan 03, 2006, 04:05am
Do not give a damn!!

Talking Z, an internet officials until the end.

Quote:

blah, blah, blah........more senseless long-winded diatribes.

Z
I guess the truth hurts Z man. Tell me more about your self-righteous crap and why we anyone should listen to a word you say?

Peace