The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Christmas Greetings (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/23872-christmas-greetings.html)

SmokeEater Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:24am

I want to wish everyone who visits this Board the very best. Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas ALL.

Also, I am looking for that greeting that was posted, I think by rainmaker, that incorporates all the cultural greetings. I think it is quite inventive.

rainmaker Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:42pm

Quote:

Originally posted by SmokeEater
I want to wish everyone who visits this Board the very best. Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas ALL.

Also, I am looking for that greeting that was posted, I think by rainmaker, that incorporates all the cultural greetings. I think it is quite inventive.

Okay, well here's your Christmas present:

MerHapJamminÂ’ SolRamaChrisKwanzHanuMasNukaDanZaaStice

If you want a little precis of my son, who wrote it, I'll be glad to fill you in on details. But don't ask unless you have a very large computer. I tend to go on and on.

SmokeEater Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:37pm

Thank You very much

BktBallRef Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:48pm

Quote:

Merry Christmas, Smoke. Hope the new year brings you health and happiness.

My father-in-law had open heart surgery 17 days ago and is still unconscious, so the season is not as festive as Christmas normally is. For those who say a prayer each night, please say one for Mac.

Merry Christmas to all! May all your games be championship assignments! :)

[Edited by BktBallRef on Dec 24th, 2005 at 12:18 AM]

cloverdale Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:09am

Merry Christmas

Just to say Merry christmas yo you'all...BBR we will keep him in our prayers...may you find strength in these trying times...

RefNVa Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:44pm

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to all. Tony Godpeed to you and yours, prayers are on the way!

JCrow Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:59am

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone. I watched the News this morning and was just grateful for my family's good fortune & health. The people in Oregon, Texas and Oklahoma are really hard hit with the flooding & fires. Between the hurricanes in Florida and La., the mud in Calf. and the drought in the southwest...2005 has been a tough year for many people, including our Service Men and Women and their loved ones. I'm pretty lucky to be able to be around basketball, work and play a little golf in the off-seasons.

PS - I have discovered a Secret Golf Swing that I refer to as the "Ax Swing". It's single plane swing using a Super-Strong Grip and a short backswing. I had a rough year with it last season but I have discovered the secret "key" that produces long accurate shots. The All-Weather Driving Range in Methuen has been my Test Ground this winter and I plan on un-leasing it "without mercy" on my opponents in the Spring!

rainmaker Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:06am

Quote:

Originally posted by JCrow
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone. I watched the News this morning and was just grateful for my family's good fortune & health. The people in Oregon, Texas and Oklahoma are really hard hit with the flooding & fires. Between the hurricanes in Florida and La., the mud in Calf. and the drought in the southwest...2005 has been a tough year for many people, including our Service Men and Women and their loved ones. I'm pretty lucky to be able to be around basketball, work and play a little golf in the off-seasons.

Not to mention Indonesia and other small SE Asian countries, and Pakistan and their earthquake-devastated villages.

There are parts of Oregon that are in pretty bad shape, but they are spots, not areas. One thing about Portland that has always seemed rather fortuitous to me, is that some of the poorest sections of town are situated such that natural disaster isn't often a problem It seems to hit more middle class areas. Even things like electrical outages, often affect richer folk, and leave the working class neighborhoods alone. I suppose it wasn't planned this way, but it's a pleasant little piece of fortune.

Camron Rust Sat Dec 31, 2005 01:44pm

Quote:

Originally posted by rainmaker
There are parts of Oregon that are in pretty bad shape, but they are spots, not areas. One thing about Portland that has always seemed rather fortuitous to me, is that some of the poorest sections of town are situated such that natural disaster isn't often a problem It seems to hit more middle class areas. Even things like electrical outages, often affect richer folk, and leave the working class neighborhoods alone. I suppose it wasn't planned this way, but it's a pleasant little piece of fortune.

And why is it pleasant that one group of people is affect and another is not?

rainmaker Sat Dec 31, 2005 02:18pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Camron Rust
Quote:

Originally posted by rainmaker
And why is it pleasant that one group of people is affect and another is not?

It's not pleasant for anyone to "suffer". But when people whose lives are just barely under control are hit disproportionaltely, as seems to happen a lot, it seems to me to be especially cruel. In Portland, poorer neighborhoods seem to be disproportionately protected, a fact which feels pleasant to me.

refnrev Sat Dec 31, 2005 09:14pm

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BktBallRef
[B]
Quote:

Merry Christmas, Smoke. Hope the new year brings you health and happiness.

My father-in-law had open heart surgery 17 days ago and is still unconscious, so the season is not as festive as Christmas normally is. For those who say a prayer each night, please say one for Mac.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Mac has just been prayed for -- and will be again. Keep us posted on his condition.