The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Double Flagrant Foul on Same Team (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/23816-double-flagrant-foul-same-team.html)

JCrow Wed Dec 21, 2005 09:17am

Guard A1 and Center A2 have been chatting during a close game about A2 not seeing the ball enough. Last period, Game tied......A1 throws up an airball 3. Before the throw-in, A1 and A2 start to go at it. Fist and kicks are thrown. I hit them each with Flagrant T's.

Coach A goes crazy. Says that it is impossible to foul a member of your OWN Team. I see his point and say,

"OK....how about we split the difference and it's just 1 T?"

He buys off but now Coach B goes crazy and wants the 2 T's!
I see his point and say,

"Look....maybe I cut a bad deal. It should be your ball on the air-balled 3. And it's your ball after the T but by the Rules you just get it once. How about if I give you the ball twice and we call it all square?"

He says, "OK".

Now, it's back to Coach A who's upset about Team B getting the ball twice. I pull him aside and say to him,

"Don't worry. I'll call palming on Team A on their second pocession."

He's on board with that and we resume the game. Thank God, I read Donald Trump's book, "The Art of the Deal" before the season began.

M&M Guy Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:47am

What the head nurse's name on your floor? Do they know you're using the computer again?

:D

rainmaker Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:47am

Quote:

Originally posted by M&M Guy
What the head nurse's name on your floor? Do they know you're using the computer again?

ROTFLMAO!!!

M&M Guy Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:08pm

Quote:

Originally posted by rainmaker
Quote:

ROTFLMAO!!!

Juulie, you said ROTFLM<FONT COLOR=RED>A</FONT>O?!?

I'm shocked! :eek:

rainmaker Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:11pm

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

ROTFLMAO!!!

What, you thought since I live in Portland, I should wear Nikes instead of Adidas? :D

M&M Guy Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:23pm

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

ROTFLMAO!!!

What, you thought since I live in Portland, I should wear Nikes instead of Adidas? :D

Hmm, good one!

My turn: ROTFLMAO! (And I'm not wearing shoes...)

assignmentmaker Wed Dec 21, 2005 01:48pm

There are 2 threads referencing this . . .

Quote:

Originally posted by JCrow
Guard A1 and Center A2 have been chatting during a close game about A2 not seeing the ball enough. Last period, Game tied......A1 throws up an airball 3. Before the throw-in, A1 and A2 start to go at it. Fist and kicks are thrown. I hit them each with Flagrant T's.

Coach A goes crazy. Says that it is impossible to foul a member of your OWN Team. I see his point and say,

I see his point and say,

"Look....maybe I cut a bad deal. It should be your ball on the air-balled 3. And it's your ball after the T but by the Rules you just get it once. How about if I give you the ball twice and we call it all square?"

He says, "OK".

Now, it's back to Coach A who's upset about Team B getting the ball twice. I pull him aside and say to him,

He's on board with that and we resume the game. Thank God, I read Donald Trump's book, "The Art of the Deal" before the season began.

The rules (somewhere, perhaps in a point-of-emphasis, forgive me, I don't have time to go looking) make it explicitly clear that it's appropriate to call an unsportsmanlike technical foul on a player for being verbally abusive to a member of his or her own team. I'd say wacking a member of your own team qualifies as abuse . . .

rainmaker Wed Dec 21, 2005 02:32pm

Re: There are 2 threads referencing this . . .

Quote:

Originally posted by assignmentmaker
Quote:

Originally posted by JCrow

I see his point and say,

He says, "OK".

The rules (somewhere, perhaps in a point-of-emphasis, forgive me, I don't have time to go looking) make it explicitly clear that it's appropriate to call an unsportsmanlike technical foul on a player for being verbally abusive to a member of his or her own team. I'd say wacking a member of your own team qualifies as abuse . . .

assignmentmaker -- You need to airblast your humor plug-in.

assignmentmaker Thu Dec 22, 2005 01:07am

Re: Re: There are 2 threads referencing this . . .

assignmentmaker -- You need to airblast your humor plug-in. [/QUOTE]

Ooo. Did my subconscious really do that?

Dennis Nicely Thu Dec 22, 2005 01:15am

I have a hard time with a T on the two players on the same team. Do you live in the US?

BktBallRef Thu Dec 22, 2005 01:17am

Quote:

Originally posted by Dennis Nicely
I have a hard time with a T on the two players on the same team. Do you live in the US?
Sad day.

It's a joke. :rolleyes:

Back In The Saddle Thu Dec 22, 2005 01:27am

Quote:

(And I'm not wearing shoes...)
Uh hmmm, just so you know, this is a fairly family friendly chat board, if you know what I mean. I'm sure if you look around a bit out there you'll easily be able to locate several chat boards of the sort where they're interested in what you're wearing, and not wearing. If you know what I mean. ;)

[Edited by Back In The Saddle on Dec 22nd, 2005 at 01:29 AM]

Jurassic Referee Thu Dec 22, 2005 04:37am

Quote:

Originally posted by Dennis Nicely
What in the heck does living in the US have to do with <b>anything</b>? :confused:

Nevadaref Thu Dec 22, 2005 05:35am

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

ROTFLMAO!!!

I was sure you were going to go for arse.