The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Dec 21, 2005, 09:05am
Official Forum Member

So schools have records for their players....what about officials?......(All are high school games)

To start this discussion:
1- The highest scoring game by two teams that I have had is 106-98.

2- The most number of points that I have seen a player score is 51 in a close playoff game.

3- The most number of foul shots - 47 by one team and 45 by the other......92 total foul shots. - Playoff game.

4- I could never get from the school how many fouls we called in the above game but I do remember 67 total fouls in another game.

5- Most overtimes 3 - also in a playoff game.

6- Biggest reversal at the end of a game - Team down by 5 with 15 seconds to play.....steal - down by 3, steal, down by 1 - steal win the game.

7- Largest crowd - Stadium seats 16,000.... probably 11,000 fans present for my game (2A girls) at the state finals last year.
Old Wed Dec 21, 2005, 02:23pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to crazy voyager
you don't keep records of who called the most T's? I know the ref who held the districts record for three consecutive years *nods* (wasn't me, but I've been said to be a candidate to the title, that good or bad? )
Old Wed Dec 21, 2005, 02:36pm
Official Forum Member

Oh I know who has that record.....

In our area we have this guy (who has sense retired) who we called "Mr. T".......

I am not positive about these numbers but I believe he said his record was 27 "T's" in a season and, even more remarkable, 12 fan/game administrator ejections.

I am serious about this. I had a game at a school where two nights before he had ejected 3 game administrators who were under the basket and would not move to the stands.

I had a game with him where he came to me during a timeout and said "I don't know if you noticed it or not but I just ejected 2 fans."

On a slightly different note.....the "ballsiest" ejection I ever heard of was a referee (who is a highway patrolman during the day) who heard a smart remark behind him during a game. He looked around and it was one of the 3 uniformed policemen who are required to be at each game in South Carolina to protect us. The policeman said "Yeah it was me...and there is nothing you can do about it."

This (highway patrolman) official promptly had him removed from the arena.

True story...
Old Wed Dec 21, 2005, 02:41pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:
Originally posted by JTRICE
In our area we have this guy (who has sense retired) who we called "Mr. T".......
That was my nickname in one of the rec associations to which I belonged. In fact, after I'd won the annual Mr. T award three times in a row, it was automatically named after me.

Quote:
I am not positive about these numbers but I believe he said his record was 27 "T's" in a season and, even more remarkable, 12 fan/game administrator ejections.
Is that all? That guy's a rank amateur.

Old Wed Dec 21, 2005, 02:57pm
Official Forum Member

lol@police good work ref

he can do that, it's his own security he sends away
Old Wed Dec 21, 2005, 10:23pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref

I didn't think I would have something to post in this thread, then tonight I got a whole bunch of emails that are relevant. Seems a well known & respected person here is known affectionately as...oh wait, you said record setting GAMES...not...errr...well never mind.

Old Thu Dec 22, 2005, 08:17am
Official Forum Member

There's a player I know too, who's called the master of fouls he manages to pull off a lot of foul play wihtout anybody noticing. But if they do, he's out QUICK lol. Somebody's even written his name on the marker for fifth personal foul
He managed to crack an opponents eyebrow, and draw a foul from the poor fella