The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   SHOT CLOCK VIOLATION? (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/23757-shot-clock-violation.html)

MRIGUY Sun Dec 18, 2005 06:01pm

A1 shoots the ball with the shot clock running down and misses the rim. The air ball is caught by both A2 and B2 and then the official calls a jumpball. While the offical calls a jump ball, the horn for the shot clock goes off. The alternating possession belongs to A. What would be your call?

Dan_ref Sun Dec 18, 2005 06:35pm

At the same time? Shot clock violation.

Otherwise go with the jump ball, set the shot clock to what it was when the whistle blew.

ChuckElias Sun Dec 18, 2005 07:00pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Dan_ref

Yup.

Quote:

Otherwise go with the jump ball, set the shot clock to what it was when the whistle blew.
You sure about that?

Dan_ref Sun Dec 18, 2005 08:17pm

Quote:

Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:

Yup.

Quote:

You sure about that?

As opposed to what? Giving the ball back to A with zero on the shot clock?

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't do that. You?

ChuckElias Sun Dec 18, 2005 08:40pm

Quote:

Go to the arrow and reset the shot clock, since there was no team control at the time of the held ball.

Dan_ref Sun Dec 18, 2005 09:28pm

Quote:

Quote:

Go to the arrow and reset the shot clock, since there was no team control at the time of the held ball.

Oh, right.

Good call.

Now shut up.

Indy_Ref Mon Dec 19, 2005 02:08pm

Quote:

Quote:

On the situation above, the shot clock would NOT reset. Did I miss something in this thread? Shot did NOT hit the rim...held ball...arrow to A...no reset of shot clock.

ChuckElias Mon Dec 19, 2005 05:44pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Indy_Ref
Quote:

On the situation above, the shot clock would NOT reset. Did I miss something in this thread? Shot did NOT hit the rim...held ball...arrow to A...no reset of shot clock. [/B]
Yes, apparently you missed NCAA 2-14-6c. Reset shot clock for the reason I stated earlier.

Dan_ref Mon Dec 19, 2005 07:09pm

Ya know Chuck, as I recall when we went over the ncaa test back in November I had to correct you on this rule...and now you are the world wide web owner of the damn thing.

Aint life just a kick in the nuts...

ChuckElias Mon Dec 19, 2005 08:58pm

Quote:

Ya know Chuck, as I recall when we went over the ncaa test back in November I had to correct you on this rule...

It's nice that in your old age you still have such a rich fantasy life.

Quote:

and now you are the world wide web owner of the damn thing.
Wish I was getting "click-through" profits on this thread. . .

Quote:

Aint life just a kick in the nuts...
It ain't life that worries me. It's the frickin' beagle, who ran and jumped head-first at about 40 mph into my family jewels a couple weeks ago. Beagles have very very hard skulls. I just got back to walking normal yesterday.

Life is more like a kick in the donuts.