The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Old Topic Revisited -- The OC (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/23703-old-topic-revisited-oc.html)

tjones1 Wed Dec 14, 2005 07:18pm

The OC is claiming to have lowered their shipping costs (stated on their main page). Anyone bought anything from them, if so what'd you pay for shipping?

26 Year Gap Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:04pm

They are not the official IAABO supplier anymore, so I haven't bought anything from them lately.

whistleone Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:21pm

I bought a shirt from them on November 1 and paid $7.37 for shipping they said was FedEx. Turns out they paid $2 for USPS to send it to me (plus a $1 handling fee). Needless to say, didn't make me very happy to pay $32 for a $23 shirt.

Forksref Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:32pm

Just don't buy from OC. I've had it with them. I went through the same thing last year. They claim to have lower prices but kill you with shipping and handling. Just DON'T BUY from them!

BIG O Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:46pm

OC patent leather shoes, lasted 3 nights (6 games). Blow out at the seam. Emailed for replace or credit, no reply yet.

tjones1 Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:20am

Quote:

Originally posted by BIG O
OC patent leather shoes, lasted 3 nights (6 games). Blow out at the seam. Emailed for replace or credit, no reply yet.
When did you buy them?

Ed Maeder Thu Dec 15, 2005 02:33am

A friend ordered a size 9 shoe from them, received an 11 took three weeks to get to Alaska by dog sled I guess. I ordered him two pairs of shoes from Honigs and received them in two days with everything correct. Don't waste your time and money with OC. I have also heard many other terrible stories about them.

IREFU2 Thu Dec 15, 2005 08:56am

I had a simular problem with them and shoes, dont purchase from them.

WhistlesAndStripes Thu Dec 15, 2005 03:00pm

The only way to get decent service from them is to email Paul Anderson directly telling him what you expect and then, if he replies, place your order.

Huskerblue Thu Dec 15, 2005 03:13pm

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the OC??? I have never heard of them.

Junker Thu Dec 15, 2005 03:53pm

OC is a really bad TV show, or a possibly bad supplier of officials gear called The Official's Choice. I've had good luck with them, but I've only ordered with them once.

JosephG678 Thu Dec 15, 2005 04:02pm

Strangely Enough...

You know, I will be the first to admit that OC customer service is horrible, however, I do prefer their shirts and pants...I ordered the Honig's IAABO shirt, the pro-soft and polyester, and the patch was different in the way it was embroidered and the pro-soft micromesh was a faded white (both compared to OC quality)...That being said, Honig's is still a far superior company and now that they have IAABO monopoly I am happy to do business with them...But, strangely enough, the OC IAABO shirts were nicer in their embroidery...

Anyone else order IAABO products and notice a difference, or am I just crazy?

Joe

BigGref Thu Dec 15, 2005 05:03pm

went with the OC for my first ever officiating purchase, since then I have used honigs and have been very satisfied. they have 6.95 flat S&H charge, which is why i usually wait till I need 3-4 things till I purchase or team up with someone else.

refnrev Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:35pm

YOu can't go wrong with Between the Lines. The guy knows his stuff and gives good service. I still use Get Official for a few things, too.

MN BB Ref Fri Dec 16, 2005 02:39pm

The only "problem" I've ever had with OC is sending me too much stuff. I've ordered from them about 4 times and twice they've sent me duplicates of items that I ordered. Of course this isn't a bad problem to have and quite possibly I'm the reason that that rest of you have such bad service as they keep sending me your stuff.

I too have the OC patent leather shoes and they are VERY comfortable to say the least. On top of that I love hearing all the comments from the fans and cheerleaders. Hopefully they last longer than 6 games though.

I'll remain an OC customer until my experiences change for the worse.