The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Dec 08, 2005, 10:43am
Official Forum Member

Wanted to know where you all are from and if a 2 man or 3 man crew is used on varsity games? For me 3 man almost on all varsity games both girls and boys. There are 2 schools that do not for non-league games. I think all but 2 varsity games that I have this year are 3 man.
Old Thu Dec 08, 2005, 11:04am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to IREFU2 Send a message via Yahoo to IREFU2
Quote:
Originally posted by PIAA REF
Wanted to know where you all are from and if a 2 man or 3 man crew is used on varsity games? For me 3 man almost on all varsity games both girls and boys. There are 2 schools that do not for non-league games. I think all but 2 varsity games that I have this year are 3 man.
In Virginia, only AAA Varsity Boys is 3-man or person. District Tourys and up are all 3-man or person which ever is PC!!!! We did pick up one school that far out that when the Varsity official go, its 3-man or person for both JV and Varsity. This is a A school.
Old Thu Dec 08, 2005, 11:04am
Official Forum Member

Here in Washington State, it's agreed upon between each league and the official's association that covers their games. With our schools, we have the option of sending 2 or 3 officials to any game.

80% of our varsity games are 3-person, but there are some Friday nights where there are so many games that we have to go 2-person to get them all covered. 95% of our non-varsity games are 2-person

For 2-person varsity games, our varsity officials do have the option of bringing up one of the JV officials to make a 3-person crew for the varsity game. For that to be allowed, the particular JV official has to be 3-person certified (which means that he/she has gone to a certified 3-person camp).

Our board is trying like crazy to get 3-person games for as many officials as possible to help EVERYONE get trained and comfortable with 3-person, not just the varsity officials.

All district playoff and state playoff games are 3-person.

Z
Old Thu Dec 08, 2005, 11:08am
Official Forum Member

In TN we do 3-man everywhere and at every level