The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Dec 02, 2005, 11:37am
Official Forum Member

Ref and U1 have a double whistle on a blarge. Ref has block, U1 has charge. AP restart?
Old Fri Dec 02, 2005, 12:20pm
Official Forum Member

Depends on a couple of things.

If it is before release on a shot, you have team control so it is POI on a double foul, with the ball going back to team A.

If the try is released you have POI to team B on a made goal, 4.19.8 Sit. C, AP on a missed shot.
Old Fri Dec 02, 2005, 12:31pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff the Ref
Ref and U1 have a double whistle on a blarge. Ref has block, U1 has charge. AP restart?
Hopefully not in my game. For double-whistles, neither of us better give a signal until we make eye contact. If it was a drive from T or C, the C or T will take the call. Pregame, pregame, pregame!

Z
Old Fri Dec 02, 2005, 01:50pm
Official Forum Member

Blindzebra got the rules right, but I totally agree with Zebraman that you should put your fists up, make eye contact, decide who has the best look at the play (where the ball is coming from and so forth) and then one official make the call. With good communication, a "blarge" should not happen.
Old Fri Dec 02, 2005, 04:03pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by Junker
Blindzebra got the rules right, but I totally agree with Zebraman that you should put your fists up, make eye contact, decide who has the best look at the play (where the ball is coming from and so forth) and then one official make the call. With good communication, a "blarge" should not happen.
But did it go?
Old Fri Dec 02, 2005, 04:10pm
Official Forum Member

I use to Ref with this guy named Harold. He had two real bad lazy eyes. One looked up to his right. The other down to his left. I had an impossible time making eye contact with him. I use to have to run over and stand on a Team's bench or get under the Scorer's Table. Don't get me wrong, Harold was a good Ref. In fact, when our Assocaition changed to 3-man, the local highschools were able to save a ton of money 'cause Harold could do the C and T by himself.
Old Sat Dec 03, 2005, 12:35am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Mountaineer Send a message via Yahoo to Mountaineer
We've got some guys that can do C, T & L all by them self! Their partners just show up to collect a check!
Old Sun Dec 04, 2005, 09:22pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by JCrow
I use to Ref with this guy named Harold. He had two real bad lazy eyes. One looked up to his right. The other down to his left. I had an impossible time making eye contact with him. I use to have to run over and stand on a Team's bench or get under the Scorer's Table. Don't get me wrong, Harold was a good Ref. In fact, when our Assocaition changed to 3-man, the local highschools were able to save a ton of money 'cause Harold could do the C and T by himself.
ROFLMAO!!!
Old Mon Dec 05, 2005, 02:27am
Official Forum Member

What Zebraman said - this is an absolute must item in pregame. Double whistles do ocasionally occur and you have to know ahead of time how you will handle it.