The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Nov 26, 2005, 04:13pm
Official Forum Member

Talking

I had a big problem with a certain coach last year. I should have T'd him up and didn't. I admit the mistake in not taking care of business. After the game he came into the locker room to shake my partner's hand and totally ignored me. This was clearly an ethics violation as he didn't belong in our locker room. I reported the violation to my board and it in turn was reported to the coach's Athletic Director. I am not sure what came of the report and what if any sanctions were placed upon the coach. I'm sure he was just verbally admonished.

Today, I volunteered my time to work his team's scrimmage. We do not get paid for working scrimmages. I just wanted to send him a message....
Old Sat Nov 26, 2005, 07:20pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by eventnyc
This was clearly an ethics violation as he didn't belong in our locker room.
I hear what you're saying bud...but, around these parts many times we SHARE locker rooms, sometimes with the Visiting Team, sometimes with the Home Team, and sometimes we are lucky enough to have a private Locker Room.

Most of the time we do, at least, have a separate room to dress in...but I know of at least one place where we have to walk right by the Coach (in our birthday suits),if we want to shower(and I always want to shower after a Varsity Game), as he is sitting at his desk calling in the game to the local radio and TV station.

There is another place we go that, if we want to shower, we have to actually shower with the players...this can be a good time for some "small" talk, but that depends alot on who you are officiating with.

I dunno, around here, some coaches may come into our Locker Room briefly (usually when we share one) and say something...but, their attitude better be good or their outta there.

Richland, WA
Old Sat Nov 26, 2005, 07:23pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I had a big problem with a certain coach last year. I should have T'd him up and didn't. I admit the mistake in not taking care of business. After the game he came into the locker room to shake my partner's hand and totally ignored me. This was clearly an ethics violation as he didn't belong in our locker room. I reported the violation to my board and it in turn was reported to the coach's Athletic Director. I am not sure what came of the report and what if any sanctions were placed upon the coach. I'm sure he was just verbally admonished.

Today, I volunteered my time to work his team's scrimmage. We do not get paid for working scrimmages. I just wanted to send him a message....
What message did you hope to send?

Quote:
Originally posted by RookieDude
I hear what you're saying bud...but, around these parts many times we SHARE locker rooms, sometimes with the Visiting Team, sometimes with the Home Team, and sometimes we are lucky enough to have a private Locker Room.

Most of the time we do, at least, have a separate room to dress in...but I know of at least one place where we have to walk right by the Coach (in our birthday suits),if we want to shower(and I always want to shower after a Varsity Game), as he is sitting at his desk calling in the game to the local radio and TV station.

There is another place we go that, if we want to shower, we have to actually shower with the players...this can be a good time for some "small" talk, but that depends alot on who you are officiating with.
What does any of that have to do with eventnyc's situation?

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Sat Nov 26, 2005, 07:38pm
Official Forum Member

I was just trying to show him that "I was bigger and better than him." Why, do you think I didn't accomplish that?
Old Sat Nov 26, 2005, 07:40pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
What does any of that have to do with eventnyc's situation?
Oh, I dunno, a little rambling on a Saturday afternoon at work.

There may, however, be something in my post informational...
that coaches in these parts aren't really considered "unethical" if they stop by for a quick "good game guys" or whatever.

Anyway, have another cup of coffee BBR...and think about how bad your Carolina Panthers are going to get beat by MY Seahawks in the NFC championship game.

Richland, WA
Old Sat Nov 26, 2005, 07:49pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by RookieDude
[/B]
There may, however, be something in my post informational...
that coaches in these parts aren't really considered "unethical" if they stop by for a quick "good game guys" or whatever.

[/B][/QUOTE]

Coaches are not permitted in our dressing area. The area may even be the coaches office. If a coach does come in, he shouldn't address the officials in a negative manner. The coach came in and sent me a message by congratulating my partner and shaking his hand while he ignored me. If you were at the game and witnessed his behavior on the court, you would know what his intentions were! I did!
Old Sat Nov 26, 2005, 07:55pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
If a coach does come in, he shouldn't address the officials in a negative manner. The coach came in and sent me a message by congratulating my partner and shaking his hand while he ignored me.
Gottcha...and I agree.
Richland, WA
Old Sat Nov 26, 2005, 08:17pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:

Forget the entire thing.

Nothing sends a bigger message than "you aint important enough for me to f@ck with".

Old Sun Nov 27, 2005, 02:52pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to crazy voyager
Quote:
WOAH! I took 5 games with 8 year old todays:P result: money, a T and a shower:P

But sharing showers? We get own showers even with 8 year olds:P not to mention games containg some trace of basketball :P (we've never been that small have we? :P)

No, wait a sec. Once I had to either share or wait til the visitors were done showering (they had won big though, and I made a good game, no problem) I waited though :P it was a girls team, I'm not a girl lol, slight problem sharing shower :P Other then that, I've ALWAYS had a private locker and shower room. I consider that a minimal requirment really, esspecially if you've handed out a T or two, and the game ended really close.
Old Sun Nov 27, 2005, 05:33pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Cool

The only way I would let a coach get near me while I was undressing would be if she was really, really cute.
Old Sun Nov 27, 2005, 09:31pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett
The only way I would let a coach get near me while I was undressing would be if she was really, really cute.
Why? You want to see her laugh?
Old Mon Nov 28, 2005, 08:06am
Official Forum Member

Yep, let it go. The longer you remember and act on your emotions the longer the grudge continues.

We all have "special" coaches that are memorable for one thing or the other - nothing wrong with a good memory. But get over the "me versus coach" - it'll only keep you down on that level and even if you win in the end, what have you won?
Old Mon Nov 28, 2005, 01:15pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett
Why? You want to see her laugh?
No...with Mark, he'll only see her running out the door. She'll not leave anytime for laugher.