The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu May 10, 2001, 04:00pm
Official Forum Member

Question

I have been looking on the web for camps in my neighboring states: CA, NV, NM, UT, and maybe Colorado. (I'm in AZ).
I found two in CO 1 in IL & 1 in VA. I am interested to see if anyone knows of any more, especially in July/Aug. any tips would be appreciated. Hey-- Let me know of any more message boards too.
thanks
Old Thu May 10, 2001, 04:25pm
Official Forum Member

Women’s Superstar Officiating Camp (WNBA, D1) -- http://www.uofs.com/wsso.htm in San Diego.
Between the Lines -- http://www.uofs.com/btl.htm -- I've learned a lot at this one (Santa Rosa, CA)
Mark Reisling holds camp -- http://www.markreischling.myevisionlink.com
Dave Libbey "College" Basketball Officials Camp - July 6-9, 2001 at UC San Diego. Contact Dave Libbey at [email protected]
Also, search the archives for "camp" for a few additional leads.
Old Thu May 10, 2001, 05:12pm
Official Forum Member

Dave Hall has one in UT first week of June...not badfrom what I have heard
There is a camp as part of Utah Summer Games in Cedar City (Southern Utah) its ok... There are JC and D1 officials who evaluate.

There is one in Provo that is run by the High School Arbiter
here, dont know how good it is but there will be some D1 officials along with Scott Thornley (Final Four)

Kelly Kinghorn one of the frequenters to this board will be there maybe he can provide insight

Coast to Coast in Vegas is full from what I hear
Old Fri May 11, 2001, 09:26am
Official Forum Member

If i wasn't a HS ref in UT, I would not go to the camp in Provo. Dave Hall has several camps in UT, CO and WY. Verne Harris also runs a camp in CO.

I agree with Kelvin assessment of the Utah Summer Games Camp--it is ok. I believe you will get much better instruction at the other camps.

I have been to several listed by me and by the others and would recommend any of the College camps. Dave Libbey's camps are excellent--so are Dave Hall's. You may be too late at trying to get in. Virtually all of the camps I know about are already full for this year.
Old Fri May 11, 2001, 01:09pm
Official Forum Member

Smile

Also there is a camp held in St George May 17-19 which I'll be at. This camp has a follow-up to it in Mesquite in July I think 5-7, contact Darrin Nuttall at 435-674-5008, He'll love the fact I gave out his # here!!!!