The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   NAIA scrimmage last night!!! (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/22870-naia-scrimmage-last-night.html)

jritchie Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:08pm

what a way to start the season, first 10 seconds here is what we had:
jumpball, one pass, 3 pt. attempt, missed shot, A1 rebound off the miss and dunked(which was amazing by the way), technical for chin up on the rim and slapping the board after the pull up(COULD THAT OF BEEN 2 TECHS??), technical for A2 running in front of team B's bench and pointing as he went by(taunting), 4 free throws by team B, Team B oob under A's basket at POI!! Heck of a beginning, the rest of the game went smoothly....other than we had 3 halves, and i was killed after the first one!!! i hope that is not a sign of what is to come, but it sure beats those gradeschool girls games, glad those are over!!

ChuckElias Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:29pm

Quote:

Originally posted by jritchie
technical for chin up on the rim and slapping the board after the pull up(COULD THAT OF BEEN 2 TECHS??),

Technically, it's a T to intentionally slap the backboard to draw attention to yourself; so yes, you could've had 2 T's. I think you were right to only have one. Seems like one act to me.

Quote:

technical for A2 running in front of team B's bench and pointing as he went by(taunting), 4 free throws by team B, Team B oob under A's basket at POI!!
How many team fouls? ;)

yankeesfan Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:34pm

2T's=2 team fouls.

ChuckElias Wed Oct 26, 2005 01:24pm

Quote:

Originally posted by yankeesfan
2T's=2 team fouls.
Dan, JR? Since this person is at a natural disadvantage, due to his tragic baseball allegiances, I'll let you enlighten him. Try to type s-l-o-w-l-y. :D

<font size = -2>I'm just joking, yankeefan ;)</font>

IREFU2 Wed Oct 26, 2005 01:57pm

Quote:

what a way to start the season, first 10 seconds here is what we had:
jumpball, one pass, 3 pt. attempt, missed shot, A1 rebound off the miss and dunked(which was amazing by the way), technical for chin up on the rim and slapping the board after the pull up(COULD THAT OF BEEN 2 TECHS??), technical for A2 running in front of team B's bench and pointing as he went by(taunting), 4 free throws by team B, Team B oob under A's basket at POI!! Heck of a beginning, the rest of the game went smoothly....other than we had 3 halves, and i was killed after the first one!!! i hope that is not a sign of what is to come, but it sure beats those gradeschool girls games, glad those are over!!

Rough night! Makes you want to do all womens' ball!

bob jenkins Wed Oct 26, 2005 01:57pm

Quote:

2T's=2 team fouls.
While your answer is correct for HS, remember that this was an NAIA game (using NCAA rules).

Dan_ref Wed Oct 26, 2005 02:00pm

Quote:

Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:

2T's=2 team fouls.
Dan, JR? Since this person is at a natural disadvantage, due to his tragic baseball allegiances, I'll let you enlighten him. Try to type s-l-o-w-l-y. :D

OK, slowly:

Shut. Up. Chuck.

Did you get it all or do you need me to repeat it?

ChuckElias Wed Oct 26, 2005 02:10pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Dan_ref
OK, slowly:

Shut. Up. Chuck.

Touchy, touchy. If you don't know the answer, just say so. I didn't mean to embarrass you. ;)

Dan_ref Wed Oct 26, 2005 02:14pm

Quote:

Quote:

Originally posted by Dan_ref
OK, slowly:

Shut. Up. Chuck.

Touchy, touchy. If you don't know the answer, just say so. I didn't mean to embarrass you. ;)

The 2005 answer or the 2006 answer?

Jurassic Referee Wed Oct 26, 2005 03:26pm

Quote:

technical for chin up on the rim and slapping the board after the pull up(COULD THAT OF BEEN 2 TECHS??), technical for A2 running in front of team B's bench and pointing as he went by(taunting), 4 free throws by team B, Team B oob under A's basket at POI!!

Absolutely typical start-of-the-season game. High school players usually start out their year the same way too. The players are still in their summer AAU/rec league/playground playing mode. A coupla games to adjust to us again and they're usually back to normal. :)

Jurassic Referee Wed Oct 26, 2005 03:27pm

Quote:

Quote:

2T's=2 team fouls.

I never joke.

yankeesfan Wed Oct 26, 2005 04:22pm

Quote:

Originally posted by bob jenkins
Quote:

2T's=2 team fouls.
While your answer is correct for HS, remember that this was an NAIA game (using NCAA rules).

i was citing NFHS. sorry.